Chapter Fourteen: Final Bow

"And here I'd thought you'd have better security." The Doctor says, kicking Albedo's body away.

"Dottore, go away! Go back to Snezhnaya! All of you! I closed this job, so if you keep messing with things here you'll get in trouble with Pierro." Childe says.

"That might be true, but Pierro won't get me in any trouble with the Tsaritsa if I use taking out the trash as an excuse." Dottore says, his eyes passing over Heizou and I as he speaks.

How dare he imply that Heizou is trash?

"Count three seconds then run. Hide somewhere in this mansion then we'll all meet up in the atrium when this is done. Don't come out of hiding for anyone but me." Childe whispers.

Heizou grips my hand and taps it three times.

At the third tap, we let go of each other's hands, turn, and run.

I try to follow Heizou for the first few seconds but then decide to split up from him.

If one of us is going to be caught, I'd rather we not get caught together.

Fortunately, I know exactly where to hide.

I turn down many hallways until I finally reach the room I'm looking for.

My father's old room.

Now how desperately do I need to hide?

If it's more like a hide and seek kind of hiding, then I can resort to the closet considering it's all filled with long coats that would hide my legs if I stood.

But if I'm in real danger, under the bed is a drawer thing that I'm just small enough to fit into.

Suddenly, the door behind me opens.

Shit!

Was I found already?

I whip my head around to find Heizou standing behind me.

"I followed you here. I assumed you'd know the best hiding spot." He says.

I grab his hand, pull him inside the room, and close and lock the door.

"Of course I do. Even in the future future I grew up here." I say, pulling the empty drawer  out from under the bed. "Lie down in here. You're small enough. As long as you're okay with me being uncomfortably close to you. Are you okay with that?" I ask.

"Don't ask stupid questions. Not three hours ago you had your tongue in my mouth. Of course I'm fine with you basically cuddling with me." Heizou says, lying down in the drawer like he's about to go down a waterslide.

I feel my cheeks turn red and I lie down next to him.

I use all my arm strength to push us back under the bed.

I roll onto my side and wrap my arms around Heizou.

"It might be quiet enough under here but you should still whisper just in case." I say softly.

I feel Heizou pat me on the head.

"Don't worry. I've hidden from countless people before. You know, as a deteccive." He says.

I can hear his grin.

"Deteccive?" I ask?

"What Tomo calls me. It's kinda dumb but I love dumb things to be honest." Heizou says.

"I take it that's why you love me then." I say.

"In what way are you dumb?" Heizou asks.

"I couldn't even figure out who pink sticky note person was before she confronted me." I admit.