Chapter 2: Family

BoBoiBoy (c) Monsta

Halcyon Days (c) Roux Marlet

(Grown-up Characters, Alternate Reality from Canon)

-The author gained no material profit from this work of fiction-

Inspired by a fan video created by boboiboygelap (IG)

with the song "My Goodbye" from EPIC The Musical by Jorge Rivera-Herrans

.

halcyon days /ˌhæ .ən ˈdeɪz/

[a very happy or successful period in the past; are actually the 14 days around the winter solstice]

.

For #BBBFangBirthMonth2023

[Day 14: Home]

.

.

.

.

.

[Chapter 2: Family]

.

.

.

.

.

"Sorry, Pang. This week, I'll be practicing from dawn till dusk each day."

Little Fang couldn't hide his disappointment. "When will we make carrot donuts together?"

Kaizo knelt down to his brother's level and rubbed his head. "I can't promise when. Pang's a good boy, right?"

Fang nodded, still pouting. "Pang is a good boy."

"Well, stay a good boy with Sai and Shielda. They also like carrot donuts, so make them together."

Fang would have preferred to make carrot doughnuts with Kaizo, but he knew the sharp look on his brother's red eyes was non-negotiable. So Fang turned toward the twins sitting across the room.

"Pang wants to make carrot doughnuts," he told Shielda with tearful eyes.

"Wow, Pang wants to make carrot donuts?" repeated Shielda, who was almost the same age as Kaizo. She turned to her twin. "Sai, can you find the recipe? I'll find some carrots in the grocery room."

"Carrot donuts?" Sai, who was reading a book, looked away. He fiddled with his gadget for a moment as Shielda moved on. "Heh. I've found the recipe faster than you can get the carrots!"

Shielda rolled her eyes. "Yes, well. That's technology for you. Come on, Pang, let's go to the kitchen!"

Fang smiled brightly. "Let's go!"

"Should I come?" asked Sai, who remained sitting.

"You peel the carrots!" ordered Shielda as she tugged on her brother's hand.

"Come on, Sai!" Fang joined in pulling the young man's hand.

Sai closed his book and got up. "Yes, yes ..."

"Fang, don't run!" cried Shielda as the boy rushed out of the room laughing.

CRACK!

Fang jolted awake on his writing desk. In front of him was a torn photo that had been successfully attached with adhesive tape. Apparently, he had fallen asleep after repairing the photo and had just dreamt of something from the past. Fang sighed and checked the vital signs on his watch. Since returning from the failed mission yesterday, Sai hadn't woken up. It had been six hours since Fang fell asleep on the table.