4

y/n's pov

you went outside to where carl, michonne and maggie were.

'what happened in there?' maggie asked, but before you could answer a mom and her two kids came over to you, the mom embracing you in a hug.

'thank you, thank you so much. you saved our lives,' the mom said to you, sobbing. you awkwardly hugged her back.

'what do you say?' the mom said to the children - a young boy and an older girl. the children thanked you and you nodded, smiling.

after the three walked away, you spoke, 'ain't sure how it happened but walkers got into the cell block. me, rick, glenn and my dad managed to clear it so it's safe now.'

after a few minutes rick came out, 'don't come too near.'

you were all confused by this and asked rick what he meant.

'patrick gotten sick last night. some kind of flu that moves fast. we think he died and attacked the cell block,' rick explained.

patrick was a nice kid; he was the same age as you and carl. you looked over to carl who was looking to the ground.

'look, i know patrick was your friend. he was a good kid and i'm sorry. we lost a lot of good people,' rick said to carl, then looked over to maggie, 'glenn and your dad are okay, but they were in there. you shouldn't get too close to anyone that was exposed.'

at this, you backed away from carl, maggie and michonne then went over to rick. you made eye contact with carl who was looking at you worriedly. rick gestured you to follow him and you did.

'your dads waiting for you over by the burial ground. he wants your help with carrying and burying the ones who didn't make it,' rick told you. you did what rick said and ran over to your dad and spent the next two and a half hours carrying the bodies, digging the graves and burying them. after you were done, you were both hungry and exhausted and were on your way inside when you saw carol, rick and tyreese all running. you and your dad glanced at each other then followed.

'what's going on?' your dad asked.

'you need to see this,' tyreese whimpered, on the verge of tears. he led you through a cell block, through a corridor where there was a trail of blood. he followed the trail of blood out the back door to where two bodies lay, burnt to the crisp and still smoking.

'i came to see karen,' tyreese began, 'i saw the blood, and then i smelled it.'

for a moment, it was silent, before tyreese started yelling, 'somebody dragged them out here, and set them on fire!' tyreese then turned to rick, 'you were a cop. you find out who did this and bring them to me, understand? you bring them to me! i need to say it again?'

rick shook his head, 'no, no. i know what you're feeling. i've been there, you saw me there. it's dangerous.'

'karen didn't deserve this! david did not deserve it. nobody does,' tyreese cried.

your dad then got involved, 'alright, man. just breathe.'

tyreese turned around and shoved your dad against the wall. your dad was tough; he was strong, but tyreese was a lot bigger.

'hey, lay it off man!' you tried to pull tyreese from your dad but he used one of his arms to shove you to the ground. at this, rick and daryl began punching at tyreese and it was all mayhem until carol shot her gun into the air.