Chapter 3: Meeting the Family

Rose walk out the bathroom. She already can't find any shadow of that maid, which is fine since she's more use in taking care of herself on her own.

She scanned the room, every detail is exquisite and grande. tho as a person who was used to small spaces it looks a bit empty.

Her gaze finally landed on the table, the bottles has already been taken away long ago and there wasn't even a single mess that can be seen.

She feels the soft carpet under her feet and looks towards the big window-- emotions unclear, she tightened the tie on her waist and walked towards the slightly ajar curtain's on the window.

The warm sunlight peeking through the gaps somewhat calmed her slightly beating heart.

Finally, she reached out and pulled open the curtains-- revealing the world outside-- The wind blew, swinging the branches on the trees lightly, at one look you could tell that the air was fresh.

But why was she here? The difference between before & after she woke up was too great she couldn't ignore it.

'could it be?'

'could it really?' was such a magical thing can really happened?

She hastily picked some clothes. And for the first time she suddenly found something that on par with math.

They're both hard to figure out.

She suddenly regret not having the maid with her right now
sighs

Finally, after wasting time trying to wore the simplest outfit on the wardrobe she could find-- She took a deep breath
and make her way towards the hall.

Ugh ghad, why is this place so unnecessarily big? If you tell her that they take trains instead of walking she wouldn't be surprised.

So after another time wasted getting lost. She finally miraculously find her way in the dining hall.

There was a long and wide dining table filled with all kinds of delicacies. Her lips twitch Is there a feast?

But the people eating at the dining hall take her attention. The man sitting on the head of the table was a Middle age man who look stress & stern.

ehem, okay he still looks neat with an upright back with a noble dignity, something something that doesn't scream stress. But all those eyebags, wrinkles, and gray hair also says otherwise.

There was also a middle age woman who was dressed fancily with fine jewelry adorning her. There was a bit of wrinkles in her face, but you could still see her beauty.

And because of that, and also based on the standing servants on the side. The conclusion that she indeed transmigrate to a historical manwha wouldn't be a reach.

'right?'

The idea of something unbelievable made her heart thump and beat from excitement.

Otherwise why would she be standing here, in a magnificent hall with expensive paintings all around; with people dress in something that modern people wouldn't?

'wait! I'm not ready!' Rose internally fanned herself. 'Gosh, which one is it?'

'The one with the reborn trope? or the one with the saint? the one that has a revenge plot? or maybe it has a harem? or, or, the one that has a scumbag male lead QAQ?'

Mentally pulling her hair and mentally crying out, she think dizzily. 'shit I can't remember any of those! I didn't even finish any of them.'

Internally biting her nails she ponder. 'So am I a supporting role? The future male leads mother? or the legendary cannon fodder? maybe I'm the villainess?' and so, she shivers. But from being scared or from being excited.. we would never know.

"Is there a particular reason you're just standing there like a statue my dear?"

Her thoughts got interrupted by a soft & smooth voice--It was the older woman who was talking--bringing her soul back.

"ah.." The 4 person at the table was now all looking at her, making her palms slightly sweaty.

Before she could say anything the old woman spoke again.

"Your lack of manners is truly appalling."
The woman's attention was not even on her anymore, but the roast meat on her plate.

The slender white fingers that holds the knife elegantly cut through the roast meat. "I think you have forgotten the proper decorum that one should greet the head of the household upon entering the dining hall. Perhaps you were too preoccupied with your.. less refined pursuits to remember." The woman even gave her a side eye before putting the small piece of meat on her mouth.

She became flustered "oh..oh,H-Hi"
No! not the hi! we can't just say hi!
"I-i mean"she spoke quietly. And before she thinks of what to say, her mouth speaks before her; and she was already curtsying to the middle age man. "Greetings..my lord? "