chapter 3.2

The duke frown deepen unnoticeably.
could it be that he did not pay more attention to this daughter of his recently, causing her to be aggrieve? She even refuse to call him father now?

And even if he wants his duchess to be gentle to the child, this daughter of his never learns and it was the duchess duty to teach her.

He cleared his throat.
Trying to soften his expression and voice, he nods, "take a seat." although it still come out as stern in the end.

Rose breath a slight sigh of relief.
Before she can even put her butt down though a cheerful voice already rang out.

"sister are you okay? you must still be feeling sick. I made a remedy for you."

The duke frowned again, being reminded and wanting to reprimand his daughter about being alcoholic; but he held back. Because aside of not wanting to reprimand his child further in front of a visitor and saving her face, he also worry of hurting the child's feelings, and pushing her more away from him. Meanwhile he stares lovingly at his youngest sweet child. sighing that Elisa couldn't be more like her sister.

Elise feel his father's gaze, smile deepening.

Rose attention was drowned out by
the servant putting down a bowl near her. She almost couldn't control her expressions when she saw what's inside.

what kind of good medieval remedy is this?

so? is she the heroine? coz it seems like someone's trying to poison her!

"I made it! well I got a help from anne--but still!" The cute girl smiled eagerly. Her hair looks good-it was almost white. what's that color again? dirty white?

And what's that penetrating gaze I'm feeling?

She looks back slightly to that man beside the girl, whartyu looking at? she raised her eyebrows slightly.
The man was looking as if she stole his chickens or something.

the man tss before looking away still with a frown.

Rose turned her attention to the girl and laugh dryly. "well thank you, you shouldn't have bothered."

The cute girl did not notice the slight exchange between the two and was slightly taken aback, but still slightly smiles. It seems like there is stars within her eyes. she looks like a puppy

Ehem she would be ashamed to let a kid down after all of that.

So she take the bowl in front of her. 'is it too late to back out now though?' The soupy thing resembles a soup, but it resembles the sewer more. While having a staring contest with the thing, she suddenly remembers a quote, "you gaze into the abyss, and the abyss gaze back at you"

Scooping the thing with a spoon, she even felt slightly amazed, 'I thought it would dissolve.'

she sighs. And with a close mouth, put the spoon in her lips. can kissing it count?

"sister, it seems like you're lying" The girl pouted, "you don't actually want to eat it, right?"

"opkorsnot"(of course not) she said with a spoon that held an unknown liquid stuck in her lips. Her big eyes look as if saying: I would not, and I'm clearly innocent.

"really?" The girl said playfully, amusement flashing her eyes.

"yesh"(yes) why do I feel like I'm a baby being teased? but hey, I think I discovered a new talent with this! ventriloquism.

"what does it taste like?"

"it taish like lave"(it taste like love) hmpk. fuck, some seeps through her lips defense! it taste as bad as it looks! waAh, It's because of her talking wuwu.
And her arms was actually starting to go a bit numb.

"love?" Elise blink with her long lashes. "is it because I made it for you with care? and you taste the love in it?" she grins widely.

no "hmm!" it's because it taste like shit, just like love is.

"Then you should eat more!" The girl even act as if she would feed her, herself.

Rose eyes grew big, like paper plates. She put down the spoon, and with no tissue or cloth in sight; can only reluctantly use her tongue to wipe her lips. She almost cringe by the bad taste, and drank the orange juice on the side hastily. "No-no, no need!"

Elise stop. taking back her stretch hands. "why?"

why was she pouting again? she looks away from those puppy eyes. "I think I'm fine now" making a fist and putting it in her chest, she look ahead. Saying in a firm tone "you're mere worry has already cured me. Because love.. can cure all.. things?"

Rose feels like she can hear a 'krook krook' in the awkward silence.

"Ahaha-ha-ha-ha haha-ha" dammit

"ohhh" Elise nods nods. "I don't get it"

looking at those innocent eyes, Rose just sighs. "you don't need to get it."

Duke looks approvingly to his daughters. It seems like it was the first time the two of them seem to get along. He sigh although his eldest daughter is acting a bit weird, it would be great if she don't always 'cause trouble.

The duchess narrow her eyes, unknown what she's thinking.