the light at the end of the tunnel

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING

-BLOOD/GORE/ DESCRIPTIONS OF VIOLENCE

Violet's POV

I always wondered how I'd die, would it be at the hands of Jay? Or Robert? Or would life just become too much?would it finally break me?

So when my eyes fluttered open and I was met by the sun shining down on me, I just hoped I had died peacefully.

For now I could be with the ones I had lost.

My eyes closed and opened as they adjusted to the bright sun which warmed my skin. A melody filled my ears, somebody humming angelically as I pulled myself forward.

"Mama," I whispered.

"My dove," she replied as she gently cupped my face with her hand.She was sitting knelt down on the grass next to me. I melted into her touch as a lone tear escaped my eye.

"Don't cry baby" She hummed as she placed a violet flower into my hand. I felt the lightness of the flower in my hand and the freshness of it filled my nose.

"You wanna know why I named you Violet?" She asked as she wiped the tear from my face.

"As long as you can find yourself, you will always be able to see the beauty in the world" she whispered as she held my hand.

"Am i?.. Am I dead?" I stuttered as tears blurred my vision. "Is Nico here?please i need to-" i panickedly mumbled as i felt my breathing become shallow and rapid.

"No Violet, you aren't dead" She replied as she gracefully stood to her feet.

"But there is somebody that wants to speak to you" She hummed and she helped me to my feet. I looked around as my eyes took in the beauty of the scenery, any fear I had faded as I looked at the green grass that surrounded me which was filled with blossoming flowers and large lush trees.

"Raven!" A feminine voice yelled from across the field. From over the hill a girl walked over. She wore a blue  dress with her hair loose, the waves of her hair cascading down her shoulders.

"Camilia," I whispered as I ran over to her.

"Look at you all grown up" She exclaimed with a smile as she pulled me into a hug.I pulled back and looked at her trying to not let the tears fall from my eyes.She looked the same as she did almost three years ago,age did not seem to weary her.

"That brother of mine has been up to all sorts of nonsense huh?" she joked as a smile tugged at her lip.

I weakly smiled back as tears began falling from my eyes.

"Awe don't cry Vi, it's okay" She replied as she wiped the tears from my cheek.

"I'm sorry.I didnt know- im so sorry" I whispered as tears continued to fall.

"No please Violet don't cry. Malik blames himself for what happened and it has broken him. Please not you too" She whispered

"It's not Malik's fault or your fault for what happened.It's only his fault" Her light brown eyes flickered into the distance.

"That's why I need you to escape, I need you to live" Her soft gaze fell back onto me.

"My flower, it's time for you to go" My mum whispered as she walked over to Camilia and I.

"I love you" my mum whispered as she kissed my forehead.

"I love you too," I replied as my voice began to break.

"Look after my baby brother" Camilia said as she pulled me into a hug.

"I will" I whispered as the light began to fade into darkness.