08. act three

chapter eight,
act three

        CARLYN QUICKLY walked out of the bathroom, heart beating fast in her chest as she made her way back into the living room

CARLYN QUICKLY walked out of the bathroom, heart beating fast in her chest as she made her way back into the living room. Confusion crossed her features when she saw everyone gathered in the room before her eyes fell on Mindy, blood soaking her shirt.

        "Fuck," Carlyn breathed out, rushing forward. She squatted down in front of the girl.

        "Where were you?" Richie questioned, distrust evident in his tone as he eyed her.

        "I was in the bathroom!" Carlyn defended herself, touching Sam with her still slightly wet hand, hoping that would be enough to prove that she didn't do this.

        Before anyone could respond, the back door slammed shut and Liv came running in. Amber held out her hands cautiously. "Stay the fuck back! I was with Tara, but the rest of you were wandering around!" She pointed at everyone else. "One of you is the fucking killer!"

        "Fuck you, Amber!" Liv got out. "Fuck you!"

        Carlyn slowly stood up, recalling what the girl had said about what happened to the 'expert'. Her eyes landed on Liv's hands and she swallowed thickly. "Liv. . ." she began, slow. "Why is there blood on your hands?"

        "What?" Liv trembled, looking down at her hands. "I found Chad. I found Chad and he's—"

        "Chad?" Carlyn repeated, and though she didn't quite believe the girl, horror was still laced in her tone.

        "You're fucking lying," Amber spat, looking at Liv in pure disgust.

        "No—" Liv tried.

        "You're the killer," Richie accused.

        "No, I'm not—"

        "Liv, stop!" Amber attempted to get her to calm down, trying to take control of the situation. "Liv — Liv just stop!"

        "Fuck you, Amber," Liv seethed. "I'm not the fucking killer!"

        "I know," Amber replied nonchalantly. Carlyn watched in horror as Amber took out a gun, pointed it straight at Liv, and fired. The girl's body went limp as blood splattered on the wall behind her.

        Carlyn sucked in a gasp, hand coming up to her mouth as her eyes began to water.

        Amber turned towards them, gun raised as she smirked. "Welcome to act three."

        "Run!" Richie hollered.

        Carlyn didn't need to be told twice. She bolted as soon as she heard the words. Her feet carried her before her mind could tell them where to go. Instead of running out the door like she'd always said she'd do, she ran up the stairs.