Bigger issue

You sat on the couch.

People were going around you, talking with each other, laughing, drinking, simply having fun. You knew some of them, the other ones were completely stranger to you. They all were invested in their own matters, nobody was paying attention to you.

Which was fine. You really wanted to be left alone. You needed to gather your thoughts. Your own thoughts which were tormenting you, making you feel worse and worse each passing moment. And you knew it was all just in your mind, nobody was guilty, just your fucking brain bringing up everything, exaggerating, showing the whole situation in only dark colors. You knew that. If someone actually went inside your head and saw all that mess, they would call you crazy and tell you to get over yourself. It was that stupid. And you knew that. You also knew you were the only one thinking about that, nobody had mentioned anything, pointed out anything, given you any hint they'd noticed. They didn't care. And, of course, you knew that. And yet, you were failing to control that. You were failing the battle with yourself, with your own fucking thoughts.

And you were sitting on that couch. That was not how you were supposed to spend that night.

You hadn't seen your friends for a long time. You all had been busy, with your lives, jobs, schools or whatever. You all had stuff to do and no time to meet and catch up. You missed them, but there had not been much to do about it. You wanted to talk to them, you wanted to spend time with them, but at the same time you wanted to be left alone, not seen by anyone. You were not feeling yourself, not as you should have. That was just not the best timing.

And the reason for all of that was very simple: Long winter that had left you with additional kgs and you hadn't had time to do something about it. You were busy and had decided to take care of your love muffins some other time. You hadn't thought that your friends would betray you and force you to meet and have fun before that happened.

You almost had changed your mind and stayed at home. You had been so close to writing to everyone you were not feeling well.

But you actually had one good reason to come.

Him.

You knew he would come, he'd told you himself. Or more like he'd written you in text. He was such a nice person. He'd asked you if you were coming to the party because he hadn't seen you in ages and he'd missed you. You remembered vividly how much you'd blushed after reading his message. And how quickly you had changed your mind about going out. You'd been missing him too. Very much. You missed his wide, charming smile. You missed his laughter, you missed his big, sexy brain. His everything. You loved spending time with him, you were never bored together. You loved how he was talking about books he'd read, about places he had visited. You loved how his underbite was showing when he was focused on something. You loved his dimples popping out when he was smiling. You loved...

You loved him.

Oh, you were so in love with him. He was your friend and you definitely had feelings for him that friends usually don't have for each other. And you were pretty damn sure he didn't feel the same way about you. He had never shown any sign of that, more affection than it was appropriate. He was always nice, kind and gentle. He was occasionally hugging you, nothing you could have taken for something more than a friendly gesture. You'd been always enjoying those moments, reminding yourself it was better than nothing. You knew he had never treated them the same way as you had been. He didn't like you that way.

But still, you were insanely in love with him.

So, you'd put on your comfy pants and oversized hoodie to cover yourself up and had gone to the party.