Chapter 4

Luffy POV

After Sanji left for the kitchen after I said I was hungry, I grabbed Luna and pulled her in the same direction. I didn't like the way the others were looking at Luna. Yes, she had just done something I would never have done myself, but Luna and I were different. 

From a conversation I overheard between Luna and Rayleigh during training, I knew why the Marines called her the Angel of Death. Just as Franky said earlier, Luna doesn't seem dangerous at first sight, which is why many people underestimate her, but her opponents are said to have never survived a fight with her, which is why the Marines called her that.

Once we arrived in the kitchen, I sat down at the counter and watched Sanji cook something for me. He also seemed to be confused by Luna's action because he didn't act like he usually did when Nami or Robin were present. "Would you like something to eat?" he asked Luna. "No, I'm not hungry," she said curtly. Sanji looked at her irritated. Surely he thought that since she was my sister she ate as much as I did.

"Is everything alright?" I asked Luna as she seemed very thoughtful. "Yes, everything is fine. That was just a little too easy." "Hmm. Did you really have to kill him?" I wanted to know from her. I didn't really like what she had done. "You know Luffy. The weak don't get to decide anything, not even how they die." she said seriously. Yes, I knew that saying, she had said it many times before.

"What does that mean?" yelled Nami who had just entered the kitchen with Robin, Chopper, Upsop and Zoro. Franky and Brook probably wanted to stay on deck or Franky surely was busy with the room for Luna. "It means exactly what it says. I can repeat it for you. The weak don't get to decide anything, not even how they die." Luna replied in an extremely annoyed tone. "I'm out, shorty." Luna then said in an affectionate tone and went out onto the deck.

Luna was annoyed by Nami, which she showed her. Nami asked too many questions for Luna's taste. I could understand Nami in a way, but I could also understand Luna - she didn't know anyone, so why should she reveal everything about herself right away. Luna had always been rather the closed type who preferred others to know as little as possible about her.

Why not everybody could just understand each other? Luna didn't show her true self to the others, which was a sign that she didn't trust any of my friends. I was so happy that my sister was with me on the Sunny, yet I didn't like the idea that she was only on board temporarily. Why can't she just join my crew? I would love to have her with me. Although I could understand that she wanted to go back to her crew, back to her family.

"Your sister is very different from you. You're like night and day," said Robin who was sitting next to me by now. "Hmm." I said, not knowing what else to say. That we are so different could be because we were not really siblings, in other words not related by blood. Yes, she had the same name as me but that was only because Gramps wanted it that way. Luna never liked to hide her real name but Gramps always said she was in danger if anyone knew her real name. Even I didn't know it.

Only Ace knew it. Luna had the closest relationship with him from the beginning. It was hard for me not to be able to tell my crew everything, but I had promised it to Luna. The fact that Luna was here now and not with her crew was really all my fault. After Ace's death, I just didn't want to be alone. What was supposed to be 3 months actually became 2 years because I didn't want to let her go and have her with me. 

This even helped my training because Rayleigh said that Luna already had her Haki perfectly under control. However, unfortunately, she had not used her devil fruit powers once in the two years. When we fought each other, she only ever used her sword. A sword with a red blade.

"You're already lost in thought - that's not like you," Nami said and pulled me out of my thoughts. "Sorry, I was just thinking about something," I replied. "How long will your sister be staying with us?" Nami asked after a short silence. "I don't know. She wants to get back to her crew as soon as possible, unfortunately. So she'll stay until we deliver her to them because I won't let her look for them alone," I explained and you could tell Nami didn't really like my answer. "Which crew does she actually belong to?" Usopp wanted to know. "Sorry, but you'll have to ask her that yourself," I replied.

"Does the name 'Angel of Death' ring a bell with any of you? I've never heard of her!" said Nami. All but Robin and I shook their heads. "Not much is known about her. Until now, it was only said that the Angel of Death was a pirate from the New World whose appearance is unknown. You couldn't see her face on the wanted poster because it was covered by a hood. Her name and which crew she belonged to were also unknown. Rumour has it that none of her opponents who saw her face survived. If you believe what that guy said earlier, at least her appearance and name must have become known by some event now," Robin explained.

"And what kind of devil fruit power does she have?" inquired Chopper curiously. "I don't know. So far I've never seen her use her powers. When we fought each other she always just used her sword and haki." I answered Chopper's question. I would like to know what kind of devil fruit she ate, after all she had it when Gramps brought Luna to us and said that we had a sister now. "So she fights with a sword?" Zoro wanted to know, joining in the conversation for the first time, and he seemed curious about that fact.

"Yes I do." answered Luna his question who had suddenly re-entered the room. "Luffy, you might have to get yourself a new navigator," my sister said, grinning challengingly at Nami. "WHAT?" yelled Nami. "Maybe someone less chatty and more focused on their duties as navigator such as paying better attention to the course." said Luna with an icy cold voice. "What is your fucking problem with us?" yelled Nami at my sister.

**********************

I know it's unusual for Luffy to think so much, but he's a bit more thoughtful in this story than in the anime/manga. And yes, the saying "The weak don't get to decide anything, not even how they die." is actually Law's, but in my story they both use it.