WattpadMilitaryFiction Prompt: Snake On A Submarine

Cobra lay in his bunk within a submarine 200 fathoms below the surface.

He attempted to get any ounce of sleep he could, but his anxiety was attacking despite his cool demeanor.

Cobra:(mind) So what if you're surrounded by a massive body of liquid in a metal coffin?

Cobra:(mind) You've been through the same thing in an actual metal coffin... And almost drowned in blood.

Cobra:...

Cobra:(sigh)

The event he was remembering was Project Zodiac, an experiment that was meant to create super soldiers, however, with only twelve survivors out of the twelve thousand participants, the project has deemed a failure and was shut down.

The Twelve Zodiacs were quickly shoved into random units after they failed to kill them.

One by one, the Zodiacs left the military and went off on their own.

Cobra, being trapped in a submarine had yet to learn of this news, being under the sea, thus the idea of going solo had yet to hit him.

Cobra: Enough of this...

Getting out of his bunk, Cobra made his way to the control room where he immediately noticed a tension.

Cobra: What's going on?

The captain responded.

Captain: There might be an enemy sub. A large one. Big enough to hold a nuke.

Cobra: Have you contacted HQ?

Captain: We can't. We're too deep and it would take too long to resurface.

Cobra: Guess it's time to shoot it down.

Captain: We'd lose if we got into a fight with THAT.

Captain: For now, observe and follow.

Cobra: Of course, cap, let's watch it nuke our country. We can then tell other countries.

Captain: I made my decision, "Cobra".

Cobra:(shrugs)

He left the room.

Cobra technically was in a higher rank than the captain, however, both his position and rank were all simply due to the higher-ups not being sure what else to do with him.

There was no respect for his position. Not as a commander, or as a super soldier. Not yet.

(RUMBLE)

The submarine was struck. The enemy had noticed them. Cobra kept a cool and level head as everyone else screamed and yelled whilst getting into their respective battle stations.

Cobra:...

Cobra stared at a little leak.

Taking a deep breath, Cobra knew his time in the military was over, and that he was going to go out with a bang.

Turning around, Cobra shoved aside anyone in his way as went back to the command room.

Captain: What do you want-GHYAA?

Cobra knocked the Captain out cold.

Cobra: You'll all respect my authority. Just this once. And I'll get you all out alive.

Cobra: Now. Full speed toward the enemy. Ram their propeller!

1st mate: Are you crazy?!

Cobra: Sanity is a shield. Madness is a blade.