Chapter 23

F/N's P.O.V.

I got changed in Fuyumi's spare clothes she let me borrow. Shoto promised me to take me shopping for the essentials I lost in the burning last night. After the shopping, the plan is to go see papa at the hospital and be back before dark.

I went to the dining table to eat breakfast. It was just some simple eggs and bacon with a mini muffin for dessert. I was mostly quiet as everyone sat down.

"Good morning L/N..." Natsuo sat down with his plate and greets me.

" Natsuo sat down with his plate and greets me

"Oh, morning," I said with a small smile.
"Hey, if you need anything, just let me know. I want to help you in what I can."
"Natsuo... Thank you."

Shoto noticed I wasn't my usual self. I had a restless night, despite I was unconscious. It felt like I slept for a quick second and then woke up. I, at least, still had my phone while the text messages were nearly blowing it up.

I got text from almost everyone in class 1A, even All Might and Aizawa. I only replied to some of them. I felt to tired to answer all of them.

"Hey, don't worry. Once we're done with breakfast, I'll take you to wherever you need, or want to be." Shoto said next to me.
"O-oh ok... Thank you, Shoto-kun." I said to him as I turned my head back down. He clearly noticed something was serious wrong with me.

Once we were done, Shoto took me to the mall and bought some clothes, shoes, a hairbrush, bags, and other essentials.

I wasn't talking as much, which made Shoto worry.
I usually would say a word or two, but mostly I would either say yes or no to what I needed. Other than that, instead of talking the whole walk, there was dead silence. I wasn't making eye contact with Shoto, looking down at my feet the whole time. He didn't say anything either.

After we left, Shoto received a phone call from the hospital.
"Looks like visiting hours are open. Let's take a bus there." He said. "Really? Ok." I said as my eyes brighten up a bit.

Once we got to the bus and made it to the hospital, we ask the receptionist at the desk for papa's room.

"Hello! How can we help you?" The receptionist asks.
As I were to say something, Shoto spoke first, "We're looking for Mr. L/N's room."
"Alright! Just give me a second." I felt my heart shaking as I thought about papa being worried about me not coming home sooner.
"Ah, here it is! His room is on the third room on the left."
"Th-thank you..." I stuttered as we walked the halls.

"You seem nervous." Shoto said holding my hand.
"I... I am, actually. He's either upset or worried about the incident."
"I think he would be so relieved to see you alive. He won't be upset." He said as I looked at him.

We stopped by his door, my fist was ready to knock on it but stopped. I hesitated until Shoto puts his hand over mine.
"Don't get so nervous. He'll be happy to see you." He said.
"Can you... stay with me as I do this?"
"Of course."