A Child?

(Y/N) POV

I finally gathered my things and shoved them into the small container on my old X-wing. Hopping in, I flick a few switches press a few buttons, and I'm off. Looking at my nav screen, I flick through multiple planets and a parsec or two before finally finding Nevarro; this will take a decent amount of time might as well set it to autopilot and relax. When in hyperspace, one can think about everything and anything.

I wonder what my parents would think of me now. Probably a little disappointed, as I haven't gotten any closer to my goal of helping restore Mandalore. Then again, I am only one person, and I've been unable to find any other Mandalorians that share my sentiment. There used to be so many clans, yet so few are left. I heard the Death Watch, Nite Owls, and some other aliits (clans) survived. Hopefully, this Mandalorian I'm after will be able to see where I'm coming from. Soon enough, I drift off into a dreamless sleep.

Din's POV

After a flawless landing, I double-check my weapons and lower the ramp. Arvala-7 is a desert planet, and I am not looking forward to all the sand getting everywhere. Right after exiting the Razor Crest, I checked my fob and did a quick scan of the land. I noticed two bizarre-looking creatures. Continuing my scan in the opposite direction, one of the creatures seemingly materialized in front of me. Before I could use my flamethrower effectively, it caught my arm in its mouth, slamming me to the ground. Once I could regain my footing, I started to punch it in the eye till it let go of me. Freedom lasted only a moment before it charged at me again, but it got hit with a dart rendering it unconscious. Dank Farrik, there's another one. Thankfully whoever shot the first one got this one as well. 

An Uggnaut appeared on the back of one of these creatures just as I managed to get my leg unstuck from underneath the first one.

"Thank you."

"You are a bounty hunter."

"Yes."

"I will help you. I have spoken," the Uggnaut said and turned the creature away, leading me to his home.

"Many have passed through. They seek the same one as you."

"Did you help them?"

"Yes. They died."

"Well then, I don't know if I want your help."

"You do. I can show you to the encampment."

"What's your cut?"

"Half."

"Half the bounty to guide? Seems steep."

"No. Half of the blurrg you helped capture."

"The blurrg? You can keep them both."

"No, you will need one. To ride. The way is impossible to pass without a blurrg mount."

"I don't know how to ride blurrg."

"I have spoken." This I have spoken thing is getting old real fast. I look over at the blurgg, and it stares into my soul. This is not going to be fun. This stubborn di'kut keeps throwing me off.

"Perhaps if you removed your helmet."

"Perhaps he remembers I tried to roast him."

"This is a female. The males are all eaten during mating." Well, isn't that just lovely? Sighing, I mounted the blurrg again and managed to stay on longer than before, yet I still got thrown onto my ass.

"I don't have time for this. Do you have a Landspeeder or Speeder bike that I could hire?"

"You are Mandalorian! Your ancestors rode the great Mythosaur. Surely you can ride this young foal."

"Easy. Easy." I hold my hand out, and the blurrg growls at me. 

"Now, all right. Settle down," again it growls at me, watching apprehensively, "Whoa! Settle. Settle. That's good. That's good. Easy. Okay. That's good. All right." I mount the blurrg again, and finally, I'm not bucked off. 

(Y/N) POV

I get woken up by the beeping of my ship alerting me it's dropping out of hyperspace. In the distance, I see Nevarro. A smile creeps its way onto my face; I have a good feeling about this. I quickly find a place to land and immediately head to the closest cantina.  

Din's POV

Finally, we reach where the quarry is being held. I tried to give Kulli some of my credits, but he wouldn't accept them, saying how he just wanted these people gone from off the planet. Time to get to work, Din. As I am stealthily making my way around the encampment and taking out a few guys, an IG-11 shows up. Great, there goes any chance of being subtle. This droid had some artificial nerve trying to take my fob and claim the bounty before even obtaining it. The melodramatic thing threatens to self-destruct until I convince it to work with me to kill these "guards." After hiding behind some pillars for a few minutes, I tell the droid to cover me while I make it to the big gun. When I get to it, I quickly take out the remaining people. We made our way through the door and searched for the quarry. Finding an egg-like crate/carrier, it opened and revealed the 50-year-old. It looks like a kid, this species must age very slowly. 

"I must exterminate the target." Said the droid.

"They wanted it brought in alive." The droid raised his gun, but I shot it before any harm could come to the child. 

(Y/N)

As I sit in the corner of the cantina, I pick up bits and pieces of conversations that hold some information that could be of use. I'm thankful that these guys aren't staring at me that much. I've not yet seen this Greef Karga; perhaps I should scope out the town a bit more. I wonder what I'll be able to find.