14 - partner in crime

I feel a weight pressed into my back. As I slowly open my eyes I notice that I am no longer sprawled on the floor but rather wrapped in someone's arms.

A satisfied grunt reaches my ears as well as the sound of pages being flipped. I still for a moment realizing it's Ghost face. My mind is racing and in that moment I realize that he is flipping through the files.

My files.

A wave of fear washes over me and I pushbagainst his chest to stand up straight breaking through the cage his arms had made around me.

I lunged for the files with such force that I ended up falling out of his lap and onto the floor.

Ghost face stared back at me with what I could only assume was a shocked expression. Although his face was covered his body conveyed enough for me to guess what he looked like under the mask at the moment.

I cradled the file close to my chest.

With a shaky voice I murmured "How much did you see?"

I didn't mean for my words to sound vulnerable but a hint of fear lined them regardless.

The tension in Ghost face's shoulders loosened and he stared at me carefully reaching to pull me back up onto the couch. "Nothing I didn't already now about" He whispered into my ear. I turned to look at him in shock. We were face to face closer that we ever had been.

I could feel his breaths on my cheeks and I could make out the outline of his nose and eyes through the black holes of the mask.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You weren't the first one to break into your dads safe." he replied.

I was still staring intently at the silhouette of his eyes and something felt familiar about his answer. My head spun and despite the nauseating pain welling in the back of my head I make my way to the discarded bottle behind us. I bend down almost tripping on my own two feet feeling his gaze on me.

It is almost empty but some liquor still remains.

As I swallow down the last bit I drop beside Ghost face missing the couch and bouncing softly on the floor once more.

Just like last time he reaches down and pulls me up this time making sure I settle in his lap instead.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask scared that my being a murderer has somehow ruined his cat and mouse fantasy of me. To be honest I wasn't sure what he wanted of me anymore if it wasn't a victim.

"No, I'm so proud" I felt the ruffle of my hair against my neck as he got closer to me. I shivered in excitement dropping the empty bottle with a soft thud.

He placed his hand over my eyes blocking my vision. His warm lips met my ear shortly after. "I have more pressing matters to discuss with you" He bit into my neck making a small whine leave my lips.

"I didn't like what happened this morning."

I had forgotten all about our little brawl. "I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"No, never mind that I love that you put up a fight."

I was confused now gripping onto his free arm that had wrapped around my waist protectively.

"I mean the way you and that scumbag of a sheriff interact."

His hand left my waist and slid down to unbutton my pants. Slowly he slipped his hand beneath the waistband and began to press into the wet cloth of my underwear.

"Do you want him?" He asked.

I shook my head trying to grind into his fingers. He began moving aggravatingly slow.