Red is the Color of the Day

I'm back! And mostly recovered (though still injured). Not sick though so yay! Next update should hopefully be in two weeks, same day as always. Assuming I don't drown in essays.

This chapter is a late birthday present to my dear Zoya <3 When you consider murdering me for it, remember that I helped you today!

Come yell at me on my tumblr: Percabeth4Life
Come chat with me on discord: https://discord.gg/3tGNJhu

OO OO OO OO

I was wiggling excitedly as Triton smoothed a hand over my hair, tucking a loose strand into the complex bun it had been put in.

I was dressed nicer than I was used to, nearly as nice as I had been for my coronation thingie. My arm bands were in place, the bracelet from Fetu on my wrist, with a pair of platinum hoops in my ears.

I swished my tails, waiting impatiently for Triton to decide I was all set to go to the Riaptel Av Iyaniv. Triton had been dithering, double and triple checking that I had my bracelet on, my knife at my side, my bladed hair comb tucked into my fancy bun.

I had two pouches hooked on me, one with several medical potions and a container of ambrosia and nectar and the other with snacks. I wasn't sure exactly what had him so tense, no one seemed to want to discuss it, but a lot seemed surprised that Triton was joining me.

"Can we go now?" I asked as he paused, looking me over.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Triton asked, tails twitching and hands fluttering over my arm bands.

"Yes, Triton," I said.

"Your weapons-"

"Trident on my bracelet, knife at my side, comb in my hair," I assured him.

"And medicine-"

"And food alongside it."

Triton's expression was pinched but he let out a slow breath.

"Alright, let's go then."

I beamed, flicking my tails swiftly as I led the way to where our Hippocampi were waiting for us.

This was so exciting!

OO OO OO OO

Khrysaôr met us at the event with a surprise.

"Annabeth!" I darted forward and hugged her.

"Hey!" she hugged back, a grin on her face. "Surprise!"

"What are you doing here?"

"I thought you might enjoy showing off a bit of our culture to your friend," chirped Khrysaôr, who was looking at Triton rather than Annabeth or I. "Since this is such a big event down here."

Triton's eye twitched, his tails curling tight. "How... nice."

Khrysaôr smiled that smile he always did when he was about to drive Triton absolutely mad.

"Wasn't it the nicest of me? I mean, I considered inviting some of his other friends. Those mortal ones of his might've fainted if I'd invited them though, and I thought I should go with a demigod this time. And Annabeth is his best demigod friend."

"Indeed," Triton gritted out. "How considerate."

"That's me," Khrysaôr all but cooed.

"They don't like each other much, do They," Annabeth whispered to me.

"Nah, they're always like this," I assured her. "They seem to like messing with each other. But how are you breathing underwater?"

She held up her wrist, a gold bangle on it.