Chapter 2: Show of Force

Central Calendar year 1639, march 22

After their agreement, Republic of Maharlika has requested a huge amount of food and resources like Oil, Gasolines and Natural Gas that were found in region. In return, Maharlika will export all of food to feed their people which literally entire population were happy about, finally they have goddamn food to feed their families.

Republic of Maharlika or ROM has begun helping in construction of railways, roads, agriculture farms, better water systems and uses of electric. ROM pass the "Limits of Technology" law to limit how much technology is being export to their allies. ROM has begin exporting old radio, electronic equipments, trains for transportation and more. Kingdom of Usi was finally blooming and things had finally gotten better for them now.

With Maharlika navy protecting their coast. Pirates and bandits has decreased with them being annihilate by Maharlika naval ships. People cheer for those new people and praise them. Republic of Maharlika has also begin help building more schools for kids to learn and help their nation, Kingdom of Usi no longer need Empire of Vondor for protection and doesn't need to tribute them anymore which government at Vondor didn't like about.

Speaking of Empire of Vondor, how their reaction to Republic of Maharlika? Well absolutely they despise them because they felt their power was being challenged and many of their puppet nations are looking at Republic of Maharlika for help now which they didn't like at all. King of Vondor was furious about this discovery and call for a invasion of Kingdom of Usi for not sending tributes to them.

Even when Republic of Maharlika tried to may contact with them and talk about a agreement. Empire of Vondor rejected it and threat them that they should back off from Kingdom of Usi which they didn't and call Empire of Vondor as 'Empire For Retardation'. This pissed them off even more and begin to mobilize their navy in show of force against Republic of Maharlika.

----

At Malacanang Palace

"So those fucks are trying to do a show of force at us?" President Saculo said as he couldn't laugh at this news and chuckle at it.

"Yes mister president, Empire of Vondor are mobilize their navy and heading towards our territorial sea at this time."

"Well send in the navy! If they want a dick measuring contest then were show them who has bigger dick here."

"So, a gunboat policy mister president? If that so then i fully agreed with you."

"Good, let show them how we do things around here." Saculo smirk.

----

Admiral Lans, he is a respective and competent admiral for Empire of Vondor, as well among those who really dislike how current government has become. He really dislike how corrupt and arrogant the officials and king himself. Many as well dislike it and some absolutely despise them to their hearts but no one could do about it and those who say it out loud were executed with their families and love ones.

He could easily remember how they forced him into leading this armada to sea of Usi. He read the reports of Republic of Maharlika and their capabilities, he already knew that their tech is on par with Mu and this would be a one sided fight if Maharlika really like to wipe them out but those arrogant fools thinking that they could take on enemy similar to Mu.

Only reason why he agreed to lead this armada because he knew they would choose another admiral just like them. They won't care if this armada got destroyed because they could easily replaced the ships and its people, they would used this as a way to show the people that Republic of Maharlika are aggressive or they defeated them on sea, either way, it a win for them.

"Admiral! I spotted couple of metal ships heading towards us!" A spotter shouted at him.

"So, they have finally arrive..." He could feel the afraid within him slowly rising. He looks through telescope and see metal warships heading towards them at speeds that outspeed his own vessels.

They outnumbered the Maharlika fleet by 1 to 7 but he knew this would be a bloody massacre. Their weapons and tech were export from Parpaldia Empire for return, they were share their fine resources from smaller nations here for themselves. The dragon carriers were readying to launch the flying beasts in a air attack.

"Admiral, what are your orders?"

"Fuck, this will be a massacre..."

"Be on guard, hold steady before i give the order."

----

"Captain, our fleet is within their range, should we engage?"

"No, this isn't a fight. Our order were to push the Vondorian fleet out of Usi waters in show of force. Not annihilate them, intel suggest that their magical weapons are equivalent to 18th century muskets and cannons, nothing to suggest that they could do anything real damage to us."

"Yes captain."

----

Back with Admiral Lans, he watch the Maharlika fleet coming closer and closer to them. Then he heard a loud voice came out of nowhere, at them.

"Attention all Vondorian ships, you're trespass Usi's waters, turn around or we will use force."

He didn't know how they did that he knew that they were the ones doing that. This even confirmed that they were more technological advance than them, he has two options here; A) Turn around and be executed or B) Be massacre in the waters. He would choose the former as he would rather died and save his men than be killed in a one sided fight.

He order the retreat of the fleet as the order was relay through magic orbs and entire Vondorian fleet turn around out of Usi's waters. He know he would label as coward and be executed but he is willing to accept in order to save his own men.

----

Empire of Vondor, palace

"He what!?" King Fami, the ruler of Empire of Vondor was furious what he just heard.

"Yes my king, admiral Lans order an tactically retreat from Usi's waters." General Zamo, the commander of Vondorian army.

King Fami, Gen. Zamo and other staffs were inside the war room.

"How dare he!? He retreat from a bunch of barbarians! He should be execute for his cowardly retreat!"

"But my king, admiral Lans is most competent and experienced admiral of our navy! He is no coward, if he order a retreat then Maharlika is more powerful than we thought!"

"I don't care! He dare to order a retreat, Empire of Vondor, bless by the gods themselves with their might. He not only make a mockery of Vondorian navy but everyone now will see us as cowards! I will not allow such image upon us! I say we declare war on Maharlika!"

King Fami leave in angry as General Zamo and his staff look at each other with worried eyes.

"He is going to the dead of us all."

"He will lead our great empire to ruin."

"We must do something before we all fall down with him."

"Enough men, i agree with you all. We must act now, king Fami is too idiotic to lead our empire. We must inform the Usians and Maharlikians about our plan."

Everyone nodded in agreement, the king must go to save their empire from doom.