Isn't it lovely,all alone?

"And how do you think I feel?Finding out my best friend's been lying to,manipulating and controlling me?!How do you think it feels to find out that your best friend is nothing but a lying,manipulative,two faced,silver tongued,good for nothing slave!"Kalim screamed,before he realized what he just said.

Jamil and him started at one another for a moment.The Viper's expression was a mix of disgust,disbelief and worst of all,hurt.

"Jamil,I didn't mean to-"

Jamil raised his hand,silencing him.With one last,long glare,the brunette turned around,walking out and slamming the door.

Kalim sighed,collapsing onto the bed.The heir rubbed his temples.He had to put his foot in his mouth,didn't he?Typical.He knew not to say the S word around Jamil.He knew why not to.The thought had never occurred to him before,but he was so incredibly angry that he reached for what was sure to hurt Jamil most.

Hurt.Hurt him is all he does,isn't it?Take and take from Jamil until the Viper's left there with nothing.He felt tears coming to his eyes.

Kalim shook his head.He'll apologize to Jamil when he gets back.In fact he'll go into his room and wait for him.Perhaps tidy up a little to make it up to him.The heir shot up newly enthused.Yeah,that ought to do it.
-
One hour passed.Jamil wasn't back.He'll be back soon,Kalim assured himself,kicking his legs up and down as he sat on the Viper's bed.
-
Three hours.Still no sign of him.Any minute,he'll be back.Surely.Certainly.
-
Midnight.It was midnight and Jamil still wasn't back.Kalim dialed his number only to hear the phone from under the bed.Kalim sighed again,turning his phone off.
-
It wasn't until next morning that the Viper came back.And as much as Kalim tried to speak to him,Jamil wouldn't respond or react to anything he said.Not to apologies,questions of his whereabouts,even Kalim's relieved tears when he arrived back got nothing out of him.

Thus,the heir had to try to come up with his own explanation.And it lead to one Azul Ashengratto.So on one of their joint tutoring sessions Kalim asked the Octavinelle dorm leader if he had seen the brunette recently.And sure enough,Azul said he saw Jamil at the time of their argument.They even had a conversation.

"About?"
"I thought he told you.He accepted my offer."

No,no,no..No way.That's impossible,Jamil hates Azul.Why would he accept?

Because of their fight.Because of him.

"No..He didn't."
"Oh well,I asked him to consult you when he told me he wanted to transfer.Guess he knew you'd be displeased about it.Probably should've guessed.Had a fight?"

Kalim nodded.

"A big one?"

The heir nodded again.He considered elaborating on the details,but he decided not to.

"I see..Are you gonna talk to him about it?"
"If he'll ever speak to me again."
"I'm sure he will."

Azul sounded genuine.Kalim turned towards him,the octopus boy seeming genuinely sad for him.Kalim thanked him,getting up.

He seemed genuine but he could just be a really good actor.Azul even asked Jamil out in the first year.And while he was dating the twins now,who knows.Maybe they'll be open to letting Jamil in on it.

Yeah,yeah.Azul was lying to get Jamil all to himself.Of course.It only made sense.He probably even pushed the transfer papers into the Viper's hands,all too eager to be a shoulder to cry on.

"That isn't why he's leaving."his thoughts taunted,sing-songy.

Kalim swallowed.He was being jealous.Of Azul of all people.Sure Azul was a bit shady,but he had always been perfectly polite to him and he helped him so much during winter break.Maybe that was just easier than admitting Jamil didn't want to be near him.Cause what he said was right.He hated Kalim.Every single thing about him.He couldn't even stand to be in the same dorm anymore.