I Know the Truth

Chapter 25

I was livid for the rest of the day. I wanted to punch Luna again and again.  But I also wouldn't give her the satisfaction of ruining our wedding day. I would write father a letter tomorrow Luna and Titus could take it and get out.

"Rena, let's take a walk", maximus suggested sitting on our bed as I paced back and forth in our room. I hated the foul mood Luna so easily made me slip into. I didn't want to toast with Luna, couldn't even stand to look at her.

"No, no, I'm sorry", I said going to sit on the edge of the bed next to Maximus,"This is our day. And I'm ruining it".

"I love that you care so much. But you have nothing to be offended of, your sister's words are meaningless".

"They mean something to me. And she dares to be so judgmental with her reputation and pass".

Maximus took my hands in his and rested his forehead against mine,"Rena, You're going to hear a lot of things like that especially if we go back to Rome. I am a slave, that's just a fact. People will whisper and gossip and say terrible things. You can't let it bother you and lashing out is only going to make it worse".

"It doesn't bother you?"

"No, I know the truth. And that's all that matters. I am a slave, I have a beautiful, loving and aristocratic wife. Our children will be loved and so intelligent. I will love and protect you until I breathe my final breath and even then, if you're right about the gods I'll wait and find you in the afterlife".

His words sent goosebumps down my skin. They were beautiful and only made me want him more. My love for Maximus just seems to find new depths. I kissed Maximus briefly and I could feel his disappointment as I pulled away. But as I stood up and let my dress fall from my body I saw new excitement and passion in his eyes. I knelt down in-between his legs and stared up at him longingly,"Take me, like only a husband does his wife".

Maximus smiled taking off his clothes. His cock was inches from my face standing tall. Without hesitation I wrap my lips around is cock. I love the way he feels in my mouth. It's big and beautiful. I love the way it stands at attention when hes hard and pulsing with each thrust of his hips. My mouth my entire being is Maximus's in this moment. I bring him pleasure working my mouth and tongue up and down his cock. I loved his moaning and how his hand rested on the back of my head encouraging me further but never too far.

"Rena! Fuck!" He moaned.

I can feel his hot cum shooting into my mouth as I try to swallow it all. I like the taste of him in my mouth - salty and savory. My prize shoots down my throat and Maximus collapses back onto the bed. I climbed up into bed with maximus watching the pleasure I had just given him over his senses. I lay on my side looking down at him is he wraps my arm around my waist.

"Again?"I asked rubbing my nose against his.

Maximus could barely open his eyes but spoke,"Recover, I can't bounce back like that".

"Then rest and recover, my love", I pushed maximus on to his back and climbed on top of him to massage him. He seemed to like it the first time so why not now. My hands worked through knots and kinks.

"You have magical hands".

"Just for you", I said kissing his back. It wasn't long before he was dead sleep snoring. I climbed off of Maximus's back, and settled in next to him, pulling the covers around us watching him sleep.

My thoughts wandered to what just happened today.

I'm married.

To a good man who loves me.

And I love him.

I pushed his brown hair from his face and placed him arm around my waist. I didn't care what the world would say about me. But it mortally wounded me the hateful things that would be said about Maximus. All they cared about was his status as a slave. Not the man he was. And that hurt me that no one would try and see past it.

Unless.... Father could fix this problem the way he fixed Luna's. But I had to get to him before Luna could ruin it. Before a mother found out, before Father could die. I had to get to him first and alone.

I climbed out of bed and redress in my white dress I originally came here in. I found the coins Cassius gave Maximus and took three. I grabbed the assassin notebook. Then, I quickly scribbled him a note then I kissed Maximus's cheek and I was ready to set off. I went into the kitchen and grabbed half a loaf of bread, a few bits of cheese and stuffed it into a cloth. Around the back of the house I found our horse we originally came here on.

The brown stallion jumped as I approached it eating from the apple tree.

"Ssshhh, shhhh, girl I'm not going to hurt you", I had never ridden a horse alone. But it couldn't be that hard. After a few pets to the head and sweet encouragement I was allowed to climb up on to the horse only to fall back to the ground. This was easier when Maximus was pulling me up. The horse sensing my troubles knelt down,"Thank you".

My companion nade shaking its head. "Okay, back to Rome".

I gently kicked the side of the horse to get her to go forward. Except it wasn't an easy take off, she was ready to gallop like the wind. The night is cool and crisp, and the full moon casts a brilliant silver light over the countryside, illuminating the way ahead.As I urge my horse forward, I feel the wind rushing past me, tousling my hair and whipping my clothes around me. The sound of our hooves pounding the ground is rhythmic and comforting, a steady beat that sets my heart racing.

The countryside around me is transformed by the moonlight, every tree and bush casting long, spindly shadows across the fields. In the distance, I can hear the soft hooting of an owl, and the distant baying of a fox. As we gallop through the fields, I feel free and alive, my worries and troubles left far behind. I had a plan, and I knew it would work.

I just had to get to Father first. I hope the saying was true, all roads lead to Rome. Gods look over me and protect me. Because I had to do something to secure a future with the man I loved.