-------------------------------
Nights came and went without him showing up after the business card incident, maybe he was tired of chasing and Yoojung thought good riddance. But even so, he kept the diner open longer and his heart jumped every time he heard the door opening.

Yoojung didn’t renew his phone plan so he’s stuck trying to operate the phone booth near the diner. It keeps eating his change though and he leans back against the glass wall in frustration, almost giving up on calling his mum to say he wasn’t going home anytime soon. Finally, it starts to ring… once…twice.

Something, someone really, crashes into him and he is pinned against the back of the phone booth between their arms and the phone drops from his hands. The person retracts their hands and slides down the wall before Yoojung has the chance to catch them, he’s still startled by the sudden interruption.

It’s Kyubin, of course, who else would it be, and the smell of booze wraps around him like a blanket; his white shirt is creased and his covering most of the sharp planes of his face. He’s fighting to keep his eyes open and Yoojung moves to bring his arm around his shoulder and manoeuvre them out of the small space.

Luckily, Kyubin was still able to walk, although stumbling in his steps slightly, and seems to follow Yoojung’s lead. He keeps mumbling ‘sorry’s into Yoojung shoulder who realises how close they are; he flushes but keeps his eyes forward. There is a way his body reacts from being near Kyubin’s again, a flood of warmth in his body and instinctively leaning in. He’s only wearing a shirt, how is he not freezing? It doesn’t mean anything. It’s just common courtesy and he could well have just left him there alone and drunk, it’s probably what he deserved. Yoojung helps him duck his head through the construction beams and realises he didn’t even ask where he lived, his feet just automatically taking him to Kyubin’s old place. So he asks and Kyubin’s lucid enough to respond, seems to be doing a little better overall actually, and he cuts through roads to take him to a nicer part of town still not too far away.