Part 2

"Welcome students to Hell-" I smirk once everyone is settled in their seats. "Joking. Well kind of." I hear a few giggles but these kids are definitely tired.

"Ok well there are papers being passed around. One is my class rules, another is the class my personal schedule so you can easily find and contact me, and finally is an acclimatized list of units and assignments we will get through this semester. Of course you don't have to take any of these, as it's all on my website and emailed to you."

"So wait this says we aren't required to come to class?" A random student says.

"Yes! So since you are paying for this class technically you have the choice of when to come and go. That's another reason I have given you all of your units and assignments so you could literally teach yourself if you want. But I would like to remind all of you that I'm a teacher because I have my masters degree in math. Meaning I'm pretty sure I can teach you a few things to pass. But long story short yes, the only two days you truly have to come is mid terms and final exam day."

I see a few students take their sheets and leave. But others begin to get their note books out. I feel like this is going to be my favorite class already.

————————————————————

After a full day of teaching I am definitely ready for a glass of wine. I truly do love teaching, but it takes a toll.

Buzz buzz

-Call from unknown-

"Hello?" I quickly answer.

"Hello! Is this ms. Hailey Johnson?"

"Yes. May I ask who this is?"

"Of course! I am Robert Schwartz from GFB or Global Future Betterment. I am contacting you because I would like to know if you'd be interested in joining a class I am starting. It would teach you how to psychology assess situations and people in those situations. It is sort of an independent study class. You will research a certain career. You have plenty of time to think about it! Just call this number when you make a decision. We will need to know by next month please."

"Oh gosh. Well I just started teaching so I don't know if it a good idea but I will definitely weigh my options and get back to you!"

"Thank you for your time!"

"Thank you for this opportunity!" The call ends and I am so chipper now. This is amazing. I can't wait to tell Tim.

——-
"So any stories?" I ask super eager since my day was so boring. Tim and I usually don't eat dinner together but he said he wanted to celebrate my first day back to teaching.

"Rookies come in 4 weeks. So nothing much. Of course there's the usuals like today I had a guy try to tell me that the c4 in his hand was a book for school." Tim chuckled recalling the idiot he encountered today. "But how was the first day? Did every single student walk out when you told them they don't have to come to class?"

"Actually only a few left this year. It was awesome and I can tell this year will be my favorite. This boy in the front-" my phone starts to buzz and I see it is Robert from earlier, "um I have to take this really quick I'm sorry!" Tim waves me off like it's no big deal and I retreat to my room to answer.

"Hello? Mr. Schwartz?"

"Ms. Johnson! Hi! I am sorry to be calling so late but it turns out this class is a hit and I only have a few spots open so I'm going to need a response by the end of the week!"

"Oh um- that is very last minute is it not?"

"Yes and I do apologize but according to Dean Radiz you would be a very successful and excellent student for this opportunity!"

"Wait. You spoke to Dean Radiz? Like my boss?"

"Uh- yes I did. If you would like we can set up a meeting this week so that I can answer any questions you may have that are making you hesitate."

"Yes that would be great!"

"Amazing! If you would please just text this number your availability for this week and then I can get back to you about when and where we will meet!"

"Sounds great! I will send that a little later tonight!"

"Perfect! Have a great night!"

"You as well!"

And with that the call has ended. I set a reminder on my phone to send him my availability later and head back out to the kitchen.

"So? Care to share what your call was about?" Tim asked like a child fishing for hints about his birthday gifts.

"Well this company wants me to sign up for their class on how to evaluate situations and people in said situations in a career path of my choice. I had till the end of the month to decide but apparently it is such a hot commodity I now have to decide if I'm interested by the end of the week. I also am going to a meeting with the main 'guy' to learn more information. But long story short I don't know if it's the right timing and I don't know if I'm going to do it."

"Is there even a question? You have to do this! You are a total geek about psychology! You could learn about students mindsets to better yourself as a teacher or go totally off base and try a totally unrelated career!" Tim seems way more excited about this class then me.

"Yeah... but like class just started and I haven't gotten into the groove yet. Plus I should be focusing all my attention on my students not on myself."

"No no no! You should always be bettering yourself first. You know that. Plus think about how cool it would be to know how to react to every situation you might encounter."

"You would know. I swear the scenes you go through and barely seem fazed amazes me."

"Well in case you didn't know I don't always make the right call and when I don't it gets ugly fast. So I've learn to usually pick the safer option. But also take the option that is best for you."

"Don't try to be all wise with me." We both sit in silence while eating the rest of our food. Then we start dishes with small talk here and there.

"Well see ya Tim! Also tell Angela I say hi and I miss our parties already!" I say as I put on my jacket to leave.

"Will do. But please Hailey, remember to think about yourself. Choose the class. You can handle it." Tim says opening the door for me.

"Thank you. I still have to get lots more information but it is a good option." And with that I am headed home.

It is about a 20 minute drive from my house to Tim's when there is no traffic. Which is actually pretty good for how big the city is. Once I get home I quickly text Robert my availability for the week then I'm off to bed. The first day of school has always taken it out of me. From when I was a kid to now when I'm a teacher, I guess some things just never change.

——-\_________

Sorry!!!!!! I know I haven't posted for a while! I lost my spark and didn't know where to go. But I have a good idea now and I just wanted to warn everyone that the next few chapters are probably going to have a lot more time skips. Please just be patient I am trying to get a good base for the story. Sorry again! And thank you for the support!!!