Chapter 64

"dance party"

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"Rachel, I want to go back to sleep," Andrew grumbled into the pillow as the redhead was making noise all over the room as she got ready for the tournament.

"You can't, it's time to get up." She replied causing a groan to come from the boy. "Stop being lazy." She tugged the blanket a little which made him instantly grab it. "Oh, now you're shy all of sudden."

"I'm not shy...just cold." He responded which just made the redhead smirked.

"Uh-huh, well if you want breakfast you better get dressed because it's about to end," Rachel said as she fixed herself up in the mirror.

The pair continued to get ready as they went around the room to collect the stuff they needed. Andrew put on a jacket to finish his outfit as he opened the door but not before asking Rachel if she wanted anything which to put her answer simply, was a no.

As Andrew walked to the elevator as he tucked his cell away in his back pocket before stumbling upon Brooke with her luggage and Lucas.

"Peyton crashed in my room by accident. It wasn't her fault. The rooms... got switched; she... didn't get the message, OK? I slept on the floor!" The Scott brother explained while the brunette looked at him.

Feeling awkward by being close to the couple as they argued, Andrew decided not to extend that awkwardness by waiting for the elevator so he chose the stairs. He walked to where the sign 'Stairs' was signaling which happened to be behind his ex.

Hearing steps coming closer before her eyes found Andrew's which made Lucas furrow his brows as he went to look for what got her focus.

"Morning." Andrew greeted me with a small smile to which Brooke responded by doing the same. It didn't last long as he didn't spare to stop for them making the girl's smile fade away.

Her mind quickly shot back to the call that they had last night. Their first actual conversation since they broke up.Sure, it was short but it meant something. At least that's what Brooke thought.

"Brooke?" Lucas's voice broke her short daze. Reminding her of what she walked into a while ago, and also bringing up the bitter memories of him and Peyton. "By the way, thrilled to see you." He grinned, which did not falter the glare that Brooke was giving him. "Hey come on, what'd we say about trusting each other?"

Trust

Something she didn't have to worry about with Andrew.

~

"She can't do this!" Rachel complained to Andrew as he watched her from his seat. "The routine only needs nine," She stopped and looked at him. "Nine." Rachel repeated as she went on about Brooke inserted herself into the competition. "This was supposed to be a Brooke-free event and she pops up because what- she blew her chances in New York."