11 | Bond

𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔡

ℭ𝔥. 11

Levi pov:

Levi pov:

A sound of impact followed by a painful grunt had me looking away from Eren and to Elisa and Gunther who had been sparring in the courtyard. Gunther was down on the ground with Elisa's legs locking his neck and her arms locking one of his legs at the knee to make movement impossible. Gunther smacked his hand on the ground to surrender and Elisa let him out of her grip while breathing heavily.

"Damn, you're getting better and better! I'm losing to you more often these days," Gunther said with a frown, his hand rubbing his neck that was probably sore. "You've got skill, Elisa."

"Thank you for the compliment, Gunther san," she answered, smiling cheerily.

"What a bunch of idiots," I muttered. I looked back at Eren, frowning deeper when I noticed his still lacking cleaning skills. How many more times did he want to clean to get it right?

Then again, perhaps he was getting better. He wasn't as sloppy as before, let alone leave dirty spots when he cleaned anything. In any event, he was definitely better than all the others who couldn't clean half as well as Eren. Elisa's skills in cleaning, though, were definitely satisfactory.

"What's for lunch today, Elisa?" asked Oluo, walking up to them.

"Anything specific you want?" she asked, and I looked her way again.

"Mushroom!"

"We had that two days ago," muttered Gunther. "We should have chicken."

They broke into a slight squabble while Elisa only watched them with a smile of amuse. Someway through though, she looked away and into the distance. Her smile fell, her eyes narrowed slightly, and her presence was suddenly different, as if she was a different person. There was an unexpected sense of power to her just like what Eren had when he was being incredible serious about dealing with the Titans, or perhaps even more than that.

As Erwin had said, she had become a soldier worth having in the Survey Corps. Though she still lacked raw strength, she made up well for it with other skills – mostly maneuvers and using the opponent's strength against them. Gunther and Eld had not been able to beat her even once since the past two days of their training, though she was still no match for me.

While she had trained on her own in the beginning in ways that were strange, I could only notice her getting better and better with the days that passed. It was not much later that she had come to me requesting permission to train with the squad members. I had allowed her to, and I had trained with her only thrice. Living underground had trained me in ways people above ground couldn't compare to, so she had not even come close to winning while sparring with me.