chapter 5

Still within mount Olympus but at a different Palace, a huge building that informed everyone of who it belonged to, as it was the largest palace within Olympus. there were various statues of Zeus and Hera at the front entrance and there were a few minor Gods that served as the staff and workers of the Royal palace.

The palace of the king and queen of the Gods is always busy as various people entered and exited, this is because it served as a sort of parliament building where various decisions are made regarding various issues, despite this not many huge parliamentary decisions are made, as it is mostly known for settling disputes among gods. The king has the highest authority and when there is no clear answer to a dispute he will offer the verdict based on what he feels, because of this many left the palace largely unsatisfied but going against the king was practically suicide.

Deeper within the palace in the room or chamber used for settling disputes, two averagely handsome men exited, one of them had a smile on his face satisfied by the results while the other was seething in anger completely unsatisfied with the king's verdict.

Inside the court room there were only three people left, The king and Queen of the God's sat at their elevated thrones that were positioned side by side. The king a man with slightly dark brown hair with a ashen bushy beard, his eyes were bright blue and he had a calm expression on his face, the king was a handsome God that many Goddesses would die for, much like Aphrodite he was the most desired God in Olympus.

At this moment, his eyes seemed life less as they lacked their usual bright color, it was a very dull day today.

"that was boring, remind me again why I have to do this"

The king asked his wife, Hera, a beautiful woman who was only second to Aphrodite in terms of beauty but she would never willingly admit that, none of the Goddesses would admit to being inferior. the queen had Violet colored hair and amethyst eyes, her skin pale and smooth without flaw.

"To establish some semblance of order"

She answered curtly seemingly displeased by something that no one knew of. Next to them on the far right beside Hera was a another beautiful Goddess who wore a plain white cloth and carried a scale and a sword was tied to her waist, the Goddess of justice, Themis. she was the judge that passed the verdict if the case didn't require the king's Judgement.

"My King, please do not forget that you must set an example, if you yourself don't think these court case have any meaning then there would be no order in Olympus"

She voiced but her words received a mocking chuckle from Hera who could not believe someone Just told her Husband to set an example.

" did I say something wrong, my queen?"

"No, no Themis. What you speak is true it's just..."

She paused taking a glance at her husband before shaking her head. She did not feel the need to voice her thoughts on the matter

"No, never mind, I'll be in my chambers, Themis inform Me when something urgent comes up"

She stated not so much as addressing her husband nor even looking his way, Themis picked up on this and felt somewhat guilty for some reason.

"Will do my queen"

Themis did a bow as Hera stood up and descended the throne and exited the court room.

"hm seems she's in a bad mood"

Zeus comments as his wife left, his tone seemed to not care as there wasn't even a hint of worry carried in it. His nonchalant comment caused Themis to frown, the man was utterly remorseless.

"So it would seem, my king I must take my leave, Athena asked for advice pertaining some things and we agreed to meet at her house later today."

She descended the steps but as she did so her wrist was grabbed by the firm and strong hand of Zeus.

"must you leave, I'll be lonely here by myself"

His voice was laced with charisma, it was smooth to the ear and made her shiver. Zeus had a silver tongue capable of moistening the loins of any Goddess that hears it but Themis has long since been immune.

"Once was enough and the queen will not tolerate it again"

Themis pulled her hand from his grasp, while it was fun the first time, it wasn't fun watching Hera kill the offspring of their affair, it wasn't fun being tortured in Tartarus for a whole year. Themis was not going to make the same mistake twice, above all else she wasn't going to ruin the trust she had regained.

Having pulled her hand away from Zeus she began to descend down the stairs, however before she could step on to the floor a black mist suddenly swirled at the center of the room before disappearing revealing 3 individuals that Zeus recognized.

"The Morai, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Zeus greets the 3 daughters of destiny, there was a young lady that looked to be at the early years of adulthood, a lady that was older and look to be in the middle ages of her adulthood and another who was older than the two seemingly at the end of her life span. This is how the Morai chose to represent themselves.

It is not everyday that the fates visit his palace and when they do it is usually to give warnings or deliver prophecies. Zeus knew the importance of the fates suddenly arriving right at his palace, he immediately perked up his ears ready to listen to whatever they wished to convey.

"My King, we...."

..........
A/N: the fates are here, what secrets to they know? Find out next time on... uhh NGOF

Also advanced chapters on Patreøn. Com/ YoungmasterDio