chapter 22

Honestly it’s a pain in the ass that I can’t use Teleportation to get here”

Hephaestus voiced as he arrived at Aphrodite’s palace, in the interest of safety a magic spell was put in place all over Olympus to prevent all forms of Teleportation, this was done to ensure no enemies would suddenly enter Olympus without warning and this meant everyone had to come here by either flying or carriage.

Aphrodite’s palace was quite big but it had no yard to keep intruders away or any guards but  then again it’s Olympus there’s no need for those things after all  what kind of God invites  themselves to  the house of  another God without being accepted by  the owner of  the house.

Walking up  the small steps that led to the  open door, he  ignored the fact that the doors were open and  instead walked into  the living room and  saw 3 nymphs that had troubled looks on their faces.

“Aphrodite, I’ve come to  visit”

 He said and  finished with  a small chuckle to himself, he  was in  a good mood today, that was because he was certain  that she  would love  the  gift he prepared, after all its been often  said  that women love mirrors and with the way Aphrodite is she  should love the mirror he made

“Lord Hephaestus, lady—”

“DID YOU NOT HEAR ME? I SAID GET OUT “

“huh?!”

“HEY STOP!!!”

The  nymphs and  Hephaestus was startled by  the shout, it took  a bit before it could register and who it belonged to, he never heard Aphrodite shout before, at first he thought she  was talking to be him but he just got here and her second shout  made him immediately spring into action, an uninvited guest.

It didn’t take him long to  immediately arrive in the room where her voice came from, the doors to said room were open so  nothing was obstructing his way, his eyes laid upon  the back  of a naked Ares  who walked closer and  closer to Aphrodite, her back was against the wall as she shouted at the God who slowly approached her.

“HEAVENS, ARES STOP. YOU DO NOT ENTER A LADY’S CHAMBERS LIKE THIS!!”

Beads of sweat began to trickle down her forehead, she was certain that she was clearly conveying her words correctly and with the right tone, there should be no misunderstanding in what she’s saying. She was telling him to leave and he wasn’t leaving, was this one  of the cases where he was jumping to conclusions about what she wanted? Not only that but she found him especially intimidating right now, like he could harm her anytime he feels like it.

“I do kind of like this game, denial play always gets me in the–“

“What are you doing Ares?”

Hephaestus interrupted the God of mid sentence, his words laced with a thick layer of anger but he made sure not to show it, impulsive anger was never good. It looked like nothing had happened yet so it was best not jump to conclusions. Ares turned his head and looked behind him, his mood had suddenly soured.

“Hephaestus!!!”

The relief in her voice was clear as day, she was definitely glad that he had arrived, if he hadn’t arrived she may have had unspeakable done to her.

“Oh Hephaestus, what brings you here”

“he! Hehe!”

Hephaestus chuckled to himself as he head that question, it wasn’t disbelief but more of shock, did he really just ask that question.

“Aphrodite and I are married you know”

He took a single step forward as he said, his body began to heat up significantly but it was unnoticeable at the moment. Perhaps Ares wasn’t about to do what he thinks and maybe the God of war was drunk and this was a simple misunderstanding.