Chapter 22

It was a peaceful morning in Jeon mansion. Mr. Jeon was reading a newspaper with coffee in his hands sitting in the living hall and Mrs. Jeon was reading a magazine. They were so into reading just then

"Mom, Dad..." He called walking towards them. A smile made the way on Mrs. Jeon's face "Kookie you are home" but then the smile dimmed as soon as she saw Taehyung behind Jungkook. Mr. Jeon stood up and hugged Jungkook and then he smiled at Taehyung saying "Hi"

"Oh! Hey Taehyung." She said with a fake smile and Taehyung nodded in response.

"Son, come have a seat." Mr. Jeon said and Jungkook sat there with Taehyung beside him.

"I want to talk to you both about something really important." Jungkook said with a serious face. He was showing he is tough outside but from inside he was scared. Scared of the outcomes this conversation will bring.

"Yes we are listening." Mr. Jeon said and Jungkook looked at Taehyung who smiled and held his hand assuring him that he's there. his parents were watching him noticing his every action. Mrs. Jeon had this fear inside her since her visit that day. Jungkook took a deep breath

"I know you guys want the best for me. You'll never choose anything that'll have bad consequences for me." He said and Mr. Jeon nodded giving him a signal to keep going "Mom, you are bugging me since i came back you are after my back want me to get married. But i want to say that it's my decision too because i have to live with that person forever." He said and "Yes we know" his father said and Mrs. Jeon knew where the conversation was going she gave him a look and Jungkook continued.

"I have decided what i want. I selected a partner for me and we are together for almost 4 years now." His father narrowed his eyes and her mother asked instantly "Who is the one for you then?" The bitterness was clear in her voice

Mr. Jeon saw his wife getting stiff and he looked at her "Honey calm down. He's a grown up man and he knows what's good for him. He must've chosen a well behaved, pretty life partner with a strong family background." He finished assuring his wife and then looked at Jungkook to speak further.

Listening to this Taehyung paled. He sure was pretty and well mannered but a strong family background. His mother died and father was an alcoholic ran away and then died getting into an accidental probably being drunk.

"He sure has qualities. He's someone that anyone would have dreams to be with." Jungkook said and then looked at Taehyung "Mom, Dad Meet my husband Taehyung" he smiled and looked at his parents who looked like someone had snatched the ground under their feet. Taehyung shifted uncomfortably in his seat and Jungkook held him from the waist. "Are you done." His father growled and Jungkook shook his head. He has something more to tell them

"He has everything that I've ever wanted in my husband and i am happy with him and now we are going to be parents. We want your blessings." Jungkook finished waiting for the worse to come and there was silence for some time and then it happened. The worse they've been fearing.

"HOW DARE YOU JEON JUNGKOOK." his father shouted angrily and his mother had tears in her eyes. "Dad...."

"ENOUGH....you are coming here and telling us you are starting a family and have been hiding from us. With HIM."

"Dad please. He's my husband and i won't tolerate any disrespect towards him." Jungkook dead panned making circles on Taehyung's waist with his thumb for relaxing him. Taehyung was tensed. He was scared too. He knew it won't end well.

"Disrespect, huh really" this time his mother growled "He has no family background Jungkook. What are we going to tell others about him. He has no standards or any so...."

"He's better than your so called social and high class people and i am proud that i have him. We wanted to tell you guys about us and we did. Now it's up to you if you want to accept it or not." Jungkook said in a serious tone and stood up along with Taehyung.

"And we don't accept it at all." His mother said. Jungkook sighed "Tae go wait for me in the car i am coming." He said and Taehyung was hesitant "No i.." Jungkook cut him "ssshhh, just go and wait for me there okay." He said and Taehyung nodded this time. He gave a last look to Jungkook's parents and left.

"Jungkook what's done is done but it's not too late just leave him we can't accept him in our family." His father said after Taehyung left.

"How can you say that. He's pregnant for fuck's sake." He snapped. Shouted at his father for the very first time in his whole life

"So what huh? You are messing with your father for that low born." His father glared at him

"Enough Dad. You are a father so i am. And i want to protect my child too. If you don't want to accept him then don't. I wanted to tell you and i did." He finished and was about to walk away when his father spoke again

"I don't accept him and would never. And if you go behind him right now then i am disowning you right at the moment." His father declared standing up infront of Jungkook smirking inside as he knew Jungkook would never do that. And his mother gasped with wide eyes holding his husband's arm. Jungkook knew it would happen. He looked in between them

"Okay. Disown me but i am not disowning my family. You see it's the difference Dad i am choosing my family over society when you are not. Thank you for today I'll leave now." Jungkook said and left his father dumbfounded and his mother crying calling for him from behind.

--------------------------------------

Taehyung was rushing towards the car. He was feeling terrible. He sat inside the car and choked on a sob. He knew he doesn't come from a strong family like Jungkook but it wasn't like he doesn't have a suitable family background.

He was breathing heavily thinking about what Jungkook's mother said to him how she used to be so fond of him even in the first meeting and now it's the opposite. He started crying putting his hand over him mouth.

After some time he saw Jungkook coming near the car. He was composing himself. He tried not to cry now but failed miserably.

Jungkook opened the car door and sat on the passenger seat. He looked at Taehyung and hugged him.

"I am here Tae don't worry i am not leaving you" Jungkook assured him "But....your parents. They won't ac...accept me." Taehyung kept crying and Jungkook just sat there rubbing his back.

"Let them be. If they aren't accepting you am not going back there." Taehyung broke the hug and looked at him in the eyes.

"What do you mean you left" He asked holding Jungkook's hand

"Dad disowned me" and Taehyung gasped at that "How can you still be here. Jungkook go back talk to him okay." Taehyung said pushing Jungkook out of the car

"Tae, you want to live without me?" And Taehyung stopped "You want to grow our child on your own telling him that their father was a coward and couldn't protect his family." Jungkook said again and Taehyung shook his head "Then just let me be. I am tired Taehyung. I can't listen to them forever. For once, Just for once i want to take my decisions on my own." Jungkook squeezed Taehyung's hand and Taehyung nodded smiling this time

"Okay let's go back home and call the hyungs. You remember we promised them dinner right." Jungkook said and then kissed his forehead. He started the car and drove off.

--------------------------------------

Let's see what'll happen now 👀

Will see you later💜