Chapter 30

Everyone gathered around the grave. Some cried on others shoulders while some just stared at the grave with solemn eyes.

Hazel Anike Brown
2007—2022
A beloved daughter, sister and friend.
"The truth~is a very dangerous yet delicate thing"

Hazel was gone from this world, leaving behind her memory in the heart of her family and friends. She spent her last days in the hospital and breathe her last breath with her family and friends in the ward.

"Thank you all for coming. My sister is definitely not dead just resting in eternal peace. She will forever be living in our hearts. She will forever be remembered"

                                     ***
Actually this is not the beginning....lol 😆 Gotcha!

Enjoy!

***

Jason's POV

It's been two months and a few days since that incident. Two full months. The doctors do not think Hazel will wake up anytime soon, except Doc Eliza. Some doctors even said my dad should just pull the plug of the life support machine but my dad shut down the idea while my mom and Doc Eliza told them off. The graduation ceremony occured a few weeks back and Zach has officially graduated from highschool. He wasn't that happy though, with Hazel and his brothers also not being there, but he put up a facade which only few could see through. All Hazel's friends visited everyday including Liz's grandmother and once in awhile Zach, the twins and Liam's parents. Mom hasn't been the same neither has dad nor me. Mom works from the hospital now and I join college lessons online. Dad still works though but any chance he gets to be off work, he spends it here in the ward. Xavier returned to school a month ago after much persuasion from mom but he calls every chance he gets, which is five days a week.

Today's another day where we are all gathered in Hazel's ward, quietly chatting with one another. Zach is holding Hazel's hand and talking quietly to her in a small voice. He does that everyday he's here.

"I'm going to the cafe down the road. I'll go get everyone the usual. Liz, can you follow me please?", I ask as I walk towards the door. She nods and follows me out of the ward and then out of the hospital in silence.

She has gotten a whole lot quieter since the accident.

Zach's POV
(I just can't get enough of him.... *winks and smiles*)

It's been hell! Or something not as intense as hell but you get what I mean. I miss Hazel so much. It feels like the life out of our friendship circle has been drained out. Liz has gotten quite quiet and she sheds little tears ever so often. Tina's the exact same but she tries not to cry that much. Chris sheds a tear once in awhile while comforting every other person. Liam just stopped talking all together and just grunts out an answer only when required. Most of the time he sheds tears and stares blankly at the cream walls of the ward or just holds Hazel's hand while whispering to her.

And there's me, the one who basically does most of the talking in the group for everyone. I cry sometimes when the situation sinks in really hard or when I want to ask her for her opinion and I remember that she's in a coma and can't communicate with me. I'm scared....no terrified that there's a possibility that we might all lose her.

"Hey Hazel. It's been two months and a couple of days. Don't you think it's about time that you wake up and put us all out of our misery? We really miss you. Not much has happened since you've been in a coma. Liz and Tina have gotten really quiet. Liam has stopped talking except when absolutely necessary. Chris comforts everyone in his own little way. Jason tries his best to help everyone. Your mom and dad are really really worried and scared. Everyone's scared. I'm terrified. I don't want to lose you. Please wake up", I mutter. I close my eyes for a bit and rest my head beside her body while holding her hand tightly.

***

"Hey man, here's your usual sandwich and smoothie", Jason states has he hands me a brown bag. I nod in appreciation before placing the bag on the table beside me.

"You better eat your food Zach or you won't be stepping your foot into this ward for a couple of days. And that goes for everyone too", Mrs Brown warns as soon as she steps into the ward and notices no one eating. Everyone immediately begins digging into their foods. None of us wants to leave Hazel's ward until she's awake and moving.

"I got news from an unknown source that the accident was planned and two people wanted Hazel dead. The first he identified has Daya Knight and the second he called TRUD but from the description he gave, I believe that the TRUD guy is Tyler and he's working along with Rucker and Darius. Hazel's bullies back in California", Mrs Brown explains to Jason but we all heard her and Liz gasps.

Daya wanted Hazel dead. Daya tried to kill Hazel along with Hazel's ex-bullies. Oh my goodness! Why would they want to do such a thing?

I feel movement on the bed and a slight twitch of Hazel's fingers. I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed the movement as everyone turned to face the bed where Hazel is laying. A few seconds passed before she opened her eyes.

"Oh my gosh! Hazel! You're awake! You had us all worried, darling", Mrs Brown expresses as she moves closer to Hazel and hands her a glass of water. "Jason, honey, please call Eliza from my phone and tell her that Hazel's awake. You can call your dad too", she tells Jason as she hands her phone to him.

I'm having a slightly bad feeling about this but I don't dwell much on it and I place my focus back on Hazel who had just finished drinking the water. She looked at all our faces with a confused but adorable look on her face. She glances at our entwined hands, then at me, then back at our hands.

"Uhn co...cou..uld you please le...ave my hand?", she asks in a slightly hoarse voice as she tries to remove her hands from my grip and when she is successful, she moves her hands far from my reach.

What on earth is happening?

"W...who are you guys anyway?", she questions with a confused expression on her face. And I'm sure all our hearts broke at this point.

***
This isn't officially the end of this book. There's still the epilogue left...

But I want to say....
🌼
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS BOOK TO THIS POINT.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTES AND COMMENTS. IT MEANS SO MUCH!!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!
🌼
❤️
🌼
THE SEQUEL WILL BE OUT IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH FREE TIME I HAVE.....

THANK YOU SO MUCH, ONCE AGAIN!
SEE YOU WHEN I SEE YOU NEXT
🌼❤️🥰🤗🌼

#EDITED#