Chapter 1. where the sun and moon meet to create darkness

as mio began to crack her fingers, a habit she picked up whenever she was nervous, ijichi glanced her way. he was tasked to bring her to school for the rest of the school year, her mother would've done it if it hadn't been for the fact that she was very busy doing it

"i can tell you're nervous." ijichi breaks the silence with that simple statement. mio looks up from her knuckles to look at him.

"im not," she replied. why should she be nervous? she's strong enough to protect herself from curses so she wouldn't have to worry about bullies.

"it's your first time being in a classroom with kids your age. you never got the chance to know what's popular nowadays and what's weird so it's ok to be nervous," he explained to her never taking his eyes off the road.

"i know some popular things," mio argued back not even being able to convince herself. she sighed. why did she think this was a good idea? she wanted it but now she's having second thoughts.

ijichi glanced at her. he's never seen this side of mio before. he always saw her as a confident kid that was always prepared to go on missions. sure she was quiet and kept to herself but she always had that light in her eyes showing that she was alive and ready for a fight, the girl he was looking at right now is a scared girl not sure what to do.

"i'm sure you'll be able to make friends fast," he assured her.

that didn't help her. nothing could help her from the thoughts that begin to cloud her mind. what if her eyepatch accidentally slips? what if she falls in front of her classmates? what if she gets lost on her way to class? what if her stomach makes a noise during class?

her thoughts are stopped when she realizes the car made it to its destination. anxiety that was already in her chest started to make itself more noticeable.

mio grabs her bag and opens the door. as the girl starts to step out of the vehicle she stops when she hears her name being called by the only other person in it.

"you'll be okay" declared the man in the car.

mio glanced back at ijichi one last time to nod before shutting the door behind her.

today was the day she would finally meet kids her age and make friends, or she hopes she does.

it took mio a few minutes until she was finally able to get to her class. she was taught school etiquette a few months before she enrolled so that she wouldn't be a total freak that was considered a slob.

as she opened the door she noticed only a few students in there. some glanced her way and when they did they quickly looked away or stared at her with fear. mio quickly went to her seat and put her head down.

she kept her head down until she heard the teacher walk in. when she put her head up she saw that the girl sitting next to her was staring at her.

before she could fully acknowledge the person she heard her name being called for roll call. she managed to mutter out a small 'here' before looking back at the person.

when she glanced at her classmate she finally acknowledged her looks. the mystery girl had dark brown skin while her thick curly snowy gray hair. her eyes had been between gray and blue. mio believed that this girl was blessed by aphrodite because she was gorgeously beautiful.