17. Harry

The next two weeks passed by fairly quickly. Even though he would not be able to become an Auror like he planned to, because he was a werewolf, he still did the best he could on his NEWTS. He passed them all with flying colors. All O's and E's. Now it was time for his last ride on the Hogwarts Express.

Since Harry is the "mate" of a teacher, he could have floo'd home with Remus, but he didn't want to miss out on this final Hogwarts experience.  As the Muggle saying goes hindsight is 20\20.  Harry would have been better off flooing home, rather than having to deal with what he had to deal with.

Sitting in a compartment with Hermione, Draco, Pansy, Blaise and Theo, the conversation flowed easily while they reminisced about the past 8 years. The mood was both happy and sad at the same time. As the conversation turned to future plans, Harry decided he needed to take a break. He didn't want to be reminded that as a werewolf his future plans where limited. Technically he didn't need to work, between the Potter and Black Vaults and the income he gets from being a silent partner in the twins' business, Harry had enough money to live 10 lifetimes. However, Harry was not the sort to just sit around and do nothing. He wanted to have a job to give his life meaning. To have something to do.  He really wanted to be an Auror.

So, instead of talking about all that with his friends, he decided to walk the train. That is when he ran into Ron and Ginny.

Ginny latched herself to Harry's arm and kept batting her eyes at him. "Hi Harry. I just wanted to let you know that I forgive you for the last couple of months and now that the pest isn't around, we can be together again."

"Yea Harry, it's time to act like a man and do what's right by my sister. You need to stop stringing her along."

Harry kept trying to push Ginny away from him, but she was latched on tight and kept rubbing herself against him making him disgusted. "Ron, I am not stringing her along. I told her plain as day that I didn't feel the same for her that she felt for me and that she should find someone else. This was before I became a werewolf and got a mate. I never once asked her to wait for me.  In fact, I specifically told her NOT to wait for me.  It is not my fault if she didn't listen to me.  Ginny, for the last time, I only think of you as a sister. Please, let me go and stop acting this way."

Ginny started crying and Ron got red in the face and started punching Harry in his anger. Just then Neville happened by and stunned Ron stopping him from hurting Harry any further. He helped Harry get back to the compartment with his friends. When they saw what condition Harry was in, Draco immediately started casting healing spells on Harry.

"I knew I should of just floo'd home with Remmy." Harry stated.

"I will make Ron pay for this." Hermione yelled.

"Please, don't. Just drop it. No matter what you do they won't change so let's not stoop to their level." Harry replied.

"I have done what I can to heal your injuries, but Remus is still going to be able to tell something happened.  I couldn't take care of everything.  Sorry about that Harry." Draco apologized.

"That is ok, I appreciate what you did do. Thank you. We are almost there. Let's get our stuff together."

When the train came to a stop, the six friends got off and said their goodbyes, promising to keep in touch as they made their way to the apparition zone, so they could all go their separate ways.

When Harry got to Grimmauld Place, Remus's reaction was immediate. "What happened to you?"

"Ron happened."

"He is still mad?"

"You could say that." Harry sighed.

Sirius and James joined them in the living room and Harry suddenly heard a growling in his head. He closed his eyes to speak to Skoll.

"What is wrong boy?"

"Something is wrong with them. They have dark magic surrounding them."

"You mean they are under a spell?"

"Yes, but I don't know which one, but it is a dark one. Do not trust them even if they are our parents."

Harry opened his eyes and looked closely at his mother and father for the first time since becoming a werewolf. He noticed a haziness to their eyes. The only thing he could think that would cause that, that is also a dark spell is the Imperious Curse. Someone was controlling his parents.