Chapter 2

Y/n POV

Once we got to the station my phone went off and I see that two of my classmates got killed last night, they were both stabbed to death. I shut my phone off and waited outside the door where Dewy and Sidney were in while I make small talk with Deputy Hicks. I see Gale come up to us and tries to go inside the room, but Deputy Hicks stopped her. "Excuse me, Gale. He's conducting an interview." Deputy Hicks told her as she blocked the door. "Great. I love interviews." Gale told her as she tries again to open the door but failed since Deputy Hicks was still guarding the door. "You'll have to wait, Gale. Sorry. I can't let you in there." Deputy Hicks told her, but Gale just scoffs at the woman who is just doing her job.

"What are gonna do, arrest me, Deputy Judy?" Gale asked her. "If it comes to it. Civilian interference with a police investigation poses many a problem in a court of law." Deputy Hicks told her. I was just silently staring at both of them while eating one of the pastries that deputy Hicks made. "Ok, listen to me, Judy. I don't mind that you're working for my husband, or that you even bake him those little treats as you do. But if you're gonna start acting like him. you gotta put a mustache on, because you sound ridiculous." Gale told her and then tries to open the door but failed. Just then the door opened by Dewy and looked at them. "Deputy. Gale. Sidney, if you mind giving us a minute." Dewy said.

Sidney got out of the room and left while I followed her because I didn't want to see the tension rising between Gale, Dewy and deputy Hicks. Me and Sidney sat down and waited for Gale and Dewy to finish talking. After a few minutes Dewy walks up to us and told us that Jill and Olivia w as called by the killer. Dewy took us to a room where I see Kirby, Jill and Olivia were sitting down waiting for us. "Hey, Jill." Sidney said to her as she walked into the room. "Sidney." Jill greeted her. Why do I get a bad feeling off of her? Sidney and Jill hugged each other as I greeted my other two friends. "It's nice to see you, even under the circumstances. "You, ok?" Sidney asked her. "Yeah." Jill said to her.

I sat down next to Dewy as Sidney got up and looked at Jill and Olivia. "So, two of you got phone calls?" Sidney asked the two. "Yeah, us two. "What's your favorite scary movie?" Jill told her. "It was the killer's voice. From Stab. Or, I mean, you know, from your life. I'm Kirby, by the way. I'm their friend." Kiby said as she looked at Sidney in admiration. "And the killer didn't call you?" Deputy Hicks asked her. "No. Is that a bad thing? Does that mean that I'm not gonna live as long as these two?" Kirby asked us as she pointed at Jill and Olivia. "No. Maybe. Of course not. Just be careful." Dewy said. Kirby looked scared at what Dewy just said. "Oh, my god, did you hear that? I'm gonna be next!" Kirby said to Jill and Olivia. Dewy got up and faced Sidney who looked at him. "Dewy, I shouldn't be here. I should leave town." Sidney said to him.

"I'm afraid that's not really possible, Sidney." Deputy Hicks told her. "Look, nobody thinks you're involved, but everyone's a suspect. I'm sorry." Dewy apologized to her. "And there was evidence in your car, connecting the killer to you. You may be a material witness." Deputy Hicks explained to her. Dewy looked at Sidney knowing this is hard considering it's happening again for them. "So, look, you'll have 24-hour police surveillance." Dewy told her. "That's comforting." Sidney said sarcastically.

Time skip at Jill's House

Me, Kirby, Jill and her mother were in the kitchen getting our food. I see Kirby sneak a peak at Sidney who was in the living room talking to Dewy. "She's so pretty. When you think about what she's survived, she must have scars everywhere." Kirby whispered as she gushes at my aunt. "Shh! Come on." Jill whispered her to shut up. "Her mom was my sister. I have scars, too. No one ever asks me about my scars." Mrs. Roberts said to us. Me and Kirby looked at each other then looked back at her. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Roberts." Kirby apologized to her. Jill walks up to us from the table. "She means knife scars, mom." Jill told her. "Oh. Well, fine." Mrs. Roberts said. It was silent after that.