Chapter 3

Y/n POV

It was the next day, and I was in my after-school cinema club that Charlie Walker and Robbie Mercer are President and Vice President of the club. I sat down next to Kirby who hasn't left my side since last night. Gale and Sidney are here as a special guest, well mostly Sidney since she is the surviving girl and very famous in this small town. "Ok, Cinema Club. We are now in session. Welcome. Tell you a little about ourselves. We are a sanctioned after-school activity, one rung below the glee club, two above Nintendo Wii Fit. And let me just say to our guest, Sidney Prescott, It's an honor." Charlie told everyone as we all clapped for Sidney. "Beyond Jamie Lee Curtis, forget Linda Blair, I mean, this is the ultimate." Robbie gushed excitedly. "Thaks. I guess. Um. This? You film your entire high school experience, and what, post it on the net?" Sidney asked Robbie as she pointed at his camera that is on his head.

"Everybody'll be doing it someday, Sid." Robbie told her. "It's kind of the one component the killer's missing." Charlie told her. "Wait. What do you mean?" Gale asked him. "Well, if you wanna be the new-new version. The killer should be filming the murders." Charlie explained making me highly suspicious of him. "Yeah, it's the natural next step in a psycho slasher innovation. I mean, you film them all real time, and then before you get caught, you upload the into cyberspace." Robbie explained. "Making your art as immortal as you." Charlie said. We all looked at them weirdly. "Not to implicate him/me" Robie and Charlie said simultaneously.

"So, who do you think is behind the murders?" Sidney asked the two geeks. I see Robbie turn on his camera, so I took out my phone and see he is live recording their conversation. "Well, it's a Stab fanatic, clearly. Working on less of a shriekquel and more of a scream-make. Cause all there are now are remakes." Charlie explained while Robie is walking around the classroom filming everything. I turned to Sidney as Charlie was still talking. "Psst." I whispered to her. Sidney turned her head and faced me, and I pulled up my phone revealing that Robbie is recording everything. She looked at Robbie for a moment before turning back to Charlie. "Yeah, you gotta have an opening sequence that blows the doors off, dial up some flashy music-video direction, and the kills gotta be way more extreme." Robbie said as he walked back to the front of the classroom.

"Modern audiences get savvy to the rules of the originals, so the reverse becomes the new standard. In fact, the only surefire way to survive a modern horror movie? You pretty much have to be gay, like Y/n Meeks." Charlie told everyone while I rolled my eyes at him. Kirby patted my back as she was silently laughing. "So why are you so sure that the killer's working by the rules of a horror remake?" Gale asked them. "The original Stab structure is pretty apparent." Robbie told her. "Yeah, two kids killed in a house when their parents are away." Charlie said. "And then the school's hot chick 'savaged beyond recognition." Robbie said as he walked around. "We all know where it goes from there." Charlie told the club members. "A party." Sidney told him. "Exactly. A party. Guaranteed third act main cast bloodbath." Charlie explained. "Fingers crossed on some nudity for a change." Robbie told us as the class murmured. "What a pervert." I whispered to Kirby as she laughed at my remark.

"Ok, so do you know of a party that's happening tonight?" Gale asked them. "Well, there's Stab-a-thon." Charlie said. "Stab-a-thon?" Sidney asked as she stood up and walked up to them. "It's a movie marathon. All seven Stabs back-to-back. We do it every year." Charlie told them. I see Gale giving me a look when she knew of this information. But to be quite honest I knew about these marathons, but I never go because of the stories my godparents and aunt told me growing up here in Woodsboro. "And it's tonight? There's a killer out there patterning his murders after the original movie." Sidney told them. "I know. It's pretty wild." Charlei said. "Well, you have got to call it off." Sidney said. "Ok, I mean, it's Friday. I'm sure we're not the only party that's going on in Woodsboro." Robbie said while trying to state the obvious.

"Ok, where is this circle jerk take place?" Gale asked them. "So who's ready for this Q & A?" Charlie asked us while ignoring Gale's question. "No, no. I really want the location." Gale stopped him. "You know, it's kind of an underground thing. Email invites, pretty secret." Charlie told her. Gale let out a humorous chuckle. "What, you're not gonna tell me? Really? We're working together. Remember?" Gale asked them. Charlie cleared his throat a little and looked at Sidney. "So, are you ready for that Q & A?" Charlei asked her. "Fuck you. Let's go. Especially you, Y/n." Gale said. I got up and followed them. "Wait, Y/n is a special part of our club of being the daughter of Randy Meeks. She needs to be here." Robb told them. "And she is my god daughter so go fuck yourself." Gale told him. The three of us walked out and headed to Jill's house.

At Jills House

I was in one of the guest bedroom when Sidney came in with a Cd. "Hey, when your father was still alive he told me to give this to you when you're older." Sidney said and gave me a CD. I looked at it as it says, 'To Y/n.' I looked back to Sidney and gave her a smile. "Thanks Sid." I thanked her. She nodded and left the room. I grabbed my CD player that is hooked to the TV in here and put the CD in. I pressed play and I see my dad smiling at the camera. "Is this thing on? It is." Dad said, making me smile. "Hey, Y/n. If you see this video then I'm no longer with you anymore. I wanted to make a video for you in any case that the ghost face attacks started happening." Dad said.

I hear a baby crying in the background making dad looking on his left side and went out of frame and grabbed what I know is baby me and held me close to his chest. He showed myself to the camera. "This is you, Y/n. Your only 6 months and you are daddy's little girl. Y/n say hi to the camera." Dad said to the camera. He made me wave at the camera with my small hand making my baby self giggle at him. I felt a tear roll down my face but I didn't stop it. "Now I want you to know the rules of surviving a horror movie. Rule #1, You can never have sex. I mean it if you plan on doing some chick that is hot. DON'T. Because you will get killed right after." Dad told me.

"Rule #2, don't ever drink or do drugs. Because that shit will be the worst pain yet after you've been stabbed. Rule #3, you'll never say 'be right back' because you'll highly unlikely will never come back.
And now the Sequel Rules. #1. Remember the body counts are always bigger than the last." Dad explained. I listened to every word he said intently. "#2. The death scenes are always much more elaborate. Carnage candy. And 3rd, Never, ever under any circumstances assume the killer is dead. They always come back, that's why you got to shoot them in the head." Dad explained.

"Now onto the trilogy of every horror movie to survive. Rule #1, You've got a killer who's gonna be superhuman. Stabbing him won't work. Basically in the third one, you gotta cryogenically freeze his head, decapitate him or blow him up." Dad explained. "Rule #2, Anyone, including the main character and one of the main characters kids, can die. This means either you or Sid." Dad said. He put my baby self in my crib and walked back to face the camera. "And finally, the past will come back to bite you in the ass. Whatever you think you know about the past, forget it. The past is not at rest. Any sins you think were committed in the past are about to break out and destroy you." Dad explained to me.

"Anyways that is all I needed to tell you, Y/n. And never forget I will always love you even when I'm long gone from this world. Keep yourself safe. I told Sidney, Dewy and Gale to look after you if I ever die and I hope they kept that promise to you." Dad said. I nodded my head "I love you too, dad." I said. I see him smile at me before shutting off the camera. When the video was over I wiped my tears off of my face. I looked at the photo of the last day my dad held me in his arms. "I promise to keep your legacy alive. I'll make sure whoever is the ghost face I will kill them myself." I promised.