Chapter 4 - Nightmare

STOP VOTING PLEASE.

I HAD 30 NOTIFICATIONS LAST NIGHT.

PLEASE T.T

Also no spoilers but I heard you all like character deaths ;)

——————————————————————

You woke up.

The night was still pitch black, with the faint caws of crows in the forest acting as white noise. Knocking could be heard from the front door.

Pushing aside your covers and blankets, you got up. Recklessly travelling down the staircase, you made your way to the vibrant yellow oak door. Carefully, you unlocked and opened it.

"Wally, have you seen my knife anywhere? I wanted to prepare to open up, but you didn't return after I lent it to you yesterday."

A four-legged figure stood before you.

"Sorry, I'm not Wa-"

He bent down, revealing the friendly face of Howdy Pillar. He smiled, enthusiastically greeting you.

"Oh, it's you! How have you been neighbour? What are you doing in Home? Where have you been?"

You yawned, still half-asleep.

"What do you mean, did Wally not tell you all I was-"

Your words were once again cut-off by a familiar noise. Footsteps. A familiar blue-haired figure ran down from the staircase. He was dressed in a dark red bed robe with bright rainbow paints.

"Neighbour, go back to sleep."

"Wally, I-"

"Go back to sleep."

——————————————————————

You woke up.

You were sweating, head to toe soaked in sweat. Your breathing was fast, nearly to the point of hyperventilation. You looked around the guest bedroom, Wally Darling was sitting next to your bed. He was chuckling, reading the newspaper with his legs crossed.

"Did you have a nightmare?"

Slightly creeped out by the sudden appearance of Wally, and his rather ominous inclusion in your "nightmare", you swallowed your fears and responded.

"Yes, Howdy was there."

"You poor thing, I'll get some tea to calm your nerves, hm?"

He chuckled, petting you lightly on the head before making his way down the staircase.

He opened up the drawer, retrieving various tools and cups. He glanced, at his newest addition.

A knife, with small white letters engraved onto the blade reading "The Bugdega", soaking red. He glanced at it, chuckling before wiping it dry and placing it back into the drawer.

"Goodbye, Howdy."