CHAPTER 4

Jennie shamelessly stormed inside the café before sitting right next to Taehyung.

She didn't care about her stay at home clothes, knowing how much she'll look 100 more pretty than the woman in front of them.

"Jagi~" she soothingly called and happily clung to Taehyung's arms.

Taehyung had his eyes wide with pure shock written all over his face while the woman in front of them had her gaze towards Jennie all the time.

"Why are you here?" Jennie started, obviously asking Taehyung and then darted her attention towards the girl in front of them.

Confused, the girl eyed Jennie from head to toe as well.

"And you are?" The girl spoke to which Jennie tightened her hold on Taehyung's arms more.

"Kim Jennie, 'his' girlfriend" she replied, putting an emphasis to the word 'his'. Taehyung who was so close to losing his sanity tried untangling Jennie's grip from his arms abut Jennie resisted even more as she flashed the girl a sweet smile.

"Oh! 'His' soon to be fiancé because I..." Jennie looked at Taehyung with mischief written all over her eyes before continuing what she was saying.

"I will be proposing to him next month! I'll invite you—"

"No" Taehyung answered abruptly before standing up and pulling Jennie with her. Smiling, the latter let out a giggle before sticking beside the now irritated man.

"No? You don't want me to propose? You'd be the one to do it instead? Really—"

"I'm sorry Ms. In, we'll be taking our leave" he apologized and even gave her a respectful bow.

"You'd propose? OMG! YES! I DO!" Jennie exclaimed louder than before, teasing Taehyung who was clearly pissed by the situation.

A few customers darted their attention towards them while leaving the café with grin plastered on their faces.

"Good luck with the proposal!" One of the customers cheered which caused a few more people to laugh. Jennie on the other hand, was just simply admiring Taehyung's annoyed expression while she's being dragged through the street.

They reached an empty bus stop and that's when Taehyung looked at her.

"What on earth was that for?!"

"I saved you! You're welcome"

"WHAT?!" Taehyung responded, a little louder than earlier because he's clearly losing his patience.

"You clearly didn't want to be there! I can see it from your gorgeous expression!" She retorted, allowing Taehyung to get mad even more.

"So what?! I didn't need your help—"

"It's because I'm kind. I help people. That's what I do" If Taehyung was not someone who had a 'very long' patience, he probably would've pushed Jennie on the street but he's the opposite of it.

Jennie eyed Taehyung who was at loss for words. She can clearly tell just how much the latter is controlling himself, not to lash out on her and she very much appreciated that.

"Alright. Take a seat" Jennie offered in a sweet voice, signalling Taehyung to join her sit on the bus stop bench.

Although annoyed and irritated, Taehyung sat himself beside her.

"I'm sorry about that, but I never regretted what I did. I just saved your life" Jennie started, earning a glare from Taehyung. She remained unfazed before looking at the road.

"That was a spouse candidate right? Let me tell you, never settle for arrange marriages! It will ruin your whole life" she spoke like as if she had already experienced it before. Taehyung rolled his eyes heavenwards before focusing on the street as well.

He knew what she was talking about and was also not a fond of arrange marriages.

"I know. I could just go on another date and then turn her down—"

"And give her false hopes?" Jennie didn't let him finish before crossing her arms. She let out a scoff when Taehyung gave him a confused look which made her realize that the man didn't know what was her whole point.

'Seriously? Hot men and their problems'

"Look. Do you know how hard it is to find a fine young man who owns a company, knows basic manners and is extremely hot? On top of that, you were offered to her for free! Who would decline the offer?" She stated directly without even stuttering one bit.

Taehyung smirked before looking at Jennie.

"So you won't decline the offer too if it were you?"

'is this handsome bastard challenging me?' Jennie thought so she faced her whole body in front of Taehyung before smiling seductively.

"Definitely. You don't know how much I go crazy for hot men" amused, Taehyung's lips formed a smile before he looked away.

He never met a girl so straightforward that it almost felt refreshing to him.

"Look at you smiling like a pervert. You can have me hot sir, I won't mind" she added more which caused him to chuckle loudly.

Taehyung's gaze dropped on the plastic bag that Jennie was holding since earlier when she took out a canned of beer from inside. He watched her struggle to open the can for a while because of her long nails before he grabbed the can and opened it.

"Thanks. I only bought 4 cans, so I can't offer you one at the moment"

"I don't drink" he retorted but Jennie didn't mind him anymore.

"You should've waited until you get home before drinking. It's dangerous"

"Are you caring right now Mr. Kim?"

"You wish!" embarrassed, Taehyung stood up before sliding his hands inside the pocket of his coat.

"I'll take my leave. Do you want a ride?"

"Nah, my place is close" she declined, waving him a goodbye. Taehyung gave her a one last look before walking back to where he parked his car.

Jennie sat for a good five minutes before chugging her can of beer and heading home.

Evening came and Jennie felt her stomach grumble. She stopped doing her work before opening her luxurious fridge.

She frowned immediately as soon as she saw a few can of beers, bottles of water and a yogurt milk.

"What's the purpose of this anyway?" She muttered to herself. She forgot to buy some ready to make packs of food and she was already too lazy to buy in the convenience store nearby.

Growing up, Jennie was so used to people serving her that it immensely took a toll on her while growing up. As an adult, she still doesn't know how to cook for herself let alone prepare a simple cup noodle.

"I guess I won't have dinner then, I'll just think of it like I have an event tomorrow and I have a really fancy dress to wear"

She consoled herself more with a yogurt drink before getting back to work.

'This is hard... should I just drop everything and take back my life?'

——

ALRIGHT!

It took me a long time to update once again but
hey! At least I was able to🤸‍♀️

Please don't forget to vote and tell me your opinions on the comment section!