CHAPTER 5

Morning came and Jennie decided not to be late. She put on her favorite pair of comfortable sandals as soon as she finished wearing her work clothes.

On her way inside the company, she saw Sohee, gracefully stepping inside the lift.

"Oh? YAH! WAIT FOR ME! STOP THAT DAMNED THING!" She spoke before running. Sohee who was shocked, panicked all the way and didn't know what to do other than putting her foot in the middle of the closing doors which then made her curse in pain.

"Thanks"

"Fvckin btch—they do it in the dramas a lot, I didn't know it hurts this much" Sohee whined, openly glaring at Jennie who's happily fixing her hair on the metal walls of the lift.

"Move" Jennie glared in frustration when Sohee slightly bumped her shoulders so the latter can pass first. Right when both of them had arrived on their designated office table, Taehyung came peeping his head out of his office door to greet them good morning and started handing Sohee the files.

The day resumed quite peacefully and Jennie didn't even notice that it was already 2pm. She smiled at the last paper being printed out before happily skipping her way on the table to staple her report and sliding it inside a light pink folder.

She hummed as she knocked on Taehyung's gigantic office door.

"Come in" Jennie bit her lip when his voice managed to ring the butterflies inside her stomach.

Taehyung was her ideal type from the very start. And even though he pays her no mind, that doesn't stop Kim Jennie from admiring a totally gorgeous man.

"Done! Here's my report" as hesitant as Taehyung might seem, he reached for the blinding pink folder from Jennie's grip.

It wasn't even a minute when Taehyung instantly closed the folder shut. Jennie's heart started hammering when Taehyung gave her back the report.

"W-Why? What's wrong?"

"It was just the first page and I already saw a misspelled word. Did you even proofread your report?" Panicking, Jennie scanned her report and she mentally cursed as she saw just how many misspelled words were there.

"O-Okay. I didn't proofread my report. It was my fault. But can you at least read my report? I spent countless nights researching those informations"

"Huh! No. You can't even properly check for misspelled corrections and you expect me to at least scan your presentation?  Do it again" Jennie pulled all her strength to give the man a slight bow before grunting in frustration as soon as she left the office.

"Woah—"

"Shut up" Sohee raised a brow upon hearing Jennie's response who just got out from her boss's office. She didn't bother speaking anymore and just eyed the latter who grumpily stepped inside the lift.

Upon arriving at the rooftop, Jennie let out a scream that any person could never bear to hear. She ripped her report into pieces and even slammed the folder on the ground, trudging and stomping her feet like a maniac.

Tears escaped her eyes in such frustration that she eventually kicked the nearest wall which then earned a loud cry from her when she felt the pain on her toes.

"What the fuck?" Sohee who just came in the rooftop cursed in a snap when she saw the situation unfolding before her eyes.

Jennie, leaning with her head on the wall and dramatically crying jer eyes out.

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

"I told you to fuck off!" Jennie replied that not only made Sohee annoyed but frustrated too. She eyed the report that was torn and crumpled into pieces.

"What the heck is your problem? Were you frustrated?! Because your report has been declined? Then do it again for christ's sake!"

"It's not that easy! CAN YOU JUST MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS—" Jennie panted heavily when she felt how her left cheek became numb.

She shockingly looked at Sohee who had her palms frozen in the air after slapping Jennie. With eyes wide, Sohee decided to speak up.

"Can you fucking act like your age?! The world does not revolve around you! Stop being a btch and face your problems head on without getting swayed by some stupid emotions!" Jennie absentmindedly stared at Sohee.

"This is reality! Not in your crazy rich bratty lifestyle. Now. Are you really serious about this? Because if you're not, THEN GO BACK TO YOUR OLD LIFE! No one needs an incompetent business worker!" Crying, Jennie burried her head on her knees, admitting the fact that whatever Sohee's talking about is making sense.

Jennie's anger issues from the very start was the biggest problem of her and the people she grew up with. It was so intense that she even had to see a psychiatrist for it. Over the time, the medication lessened her behavior but was never the cure.

"Do you really want to do this?"

"Y-Yes" she replied with a hoarse voice. Sohee held her arms before guiding her to stand up.

"I'll help you. Now fix yourself because you look like a rotten tomato at the moment"

"The fuck?" Sohee let out a small smile after handing Jennie a handkerchief and leaving the area, allowing the latter to compose herself.

'I can't believe I'm following orders from a mere btch' Jennie thought before smiling to herself. The slap ached for awhile but she disregarded it since it was not the first time she was slapped.

Upon arriving at her desk. She pulled up her pen and paper while searching for the saved file of her report.

"Send me a copy of your file so I can check it for further improvements" Sohee spoke and so Jennie gladly obliged.

Jennie spent a good 30-40 minutes in editing the whole report with Sohee's help before they both agreed to print and pass it.

Jennie knocked on Taehyung's door with her heart hammering inside her chest. She heard the words 'come in' and it was enough to make her stomach churn.

"I'm passing it again" she peeped and Taehyung casually nodded his head.

"You're missing a year where our company was at it's peak. I thought I clearly told you that I want everything? Again." Jennie left the office in disbelief but never with the thought of giving up.

If there's one thing she learned today, it's the fact that she wanted this.

She gotta take take responsibility for it.

She added a few pages for the missing year before trying again and this time, she noticed how Taehyung just refuses to review her report.

"Again"

"But you didn't even take a look at it"

"I don't have to, Ms. Jung did all the work anyway"

"What on earth are you talking about?" Jennie couldn't help but to raise her voice this time. He was clearly not making sense.

"Didn't Ms. Jung help you with this? Because you were too busy throwing a tantrum somewhere else" the latter replied, alowing anger to take over Jennie's system.

"You're really annoying..." Was all Jennie could ever utter despite feeling like she was about to explode. Furious, Jennie marched her way out of the office before grabbing her belongings on her table with tears swelling on her eyes

Sohee who stood from her table, anticipating the fact that Taehyung might have probably accepted the report was shocked by the situation.

'and here I thought, I was the immature one'

---

Please don't forget to vote and tell me your opinions on the comment section </3