May - June (II)

JUNE

41.

Jisoo and Haein begin making noises about their 'graduation' parties over the next few days and you have to admit you're a little excited about it. You know Jisoo is off to study some kind of astrophysics that you don't understand but had made Lisa smile widely and you know that Haein wants to be a history professor at Asan University so he's working on that. You like that they both have plans for their lives, plans that they actually want to work on, and it makes you a little jealous. You remember telling Lisa months and months ago that you wanted to be a teacher too but even that wasn't certain; you just like the thought of melding young minds, of helping to shape the future.

Jisoo and Haein both know what they want to do and you wish you knew how that felt but, you think, you have a little longer to think about it.

College is expensive and you don't want to be that person. You don't want to drop out of flunk or mess people around.

Lisa says you have a strong heart and she tells you that when you decide what you want to do you'll feel it deeply.

--

"Jisoo is having a party," you tell Lisa as you sit in her car and you watch as she punches something into her GPS, only half paying attention to you and she mumbles something so you decide to keep talking until she listens fully. "Well her and Haein are sharing it and they invited me to go. You should think about coming."

She shakes her head at you and gives you a fond look, the kind that makes her eyes soft and her lips addictive and you barely hold yourself back. She'd met you outside of the library under the pretense of picking you up for another 'tutoring session' with Irene but you knew she had other plans when she pulled away and asked you to fish out her GPS from under your chair. You smile to yourself because your mother agreed and Irene agreed and now you can see Lisa every Wednesday and Thursday night and on your usual Sunday.

You haven't had chance yet but Irene mentioned that she'd be more comfortable conducting it at home when she spoke to your mom and you know she did that for you. Despite how scary she is you kind of love her right now.

"I'm not going to go to that," she says primly before she pulls away once again from where she'd stopped the car and you chew on your lip for a few seconds, only sated when she reaches across and puts her hand on your thigh. "Even if I wanted to Sungjae is having his own graduation party soon and I'll be attending that, no doubt."

You stare at the hand on your thigh for a few long seconds, her fingers touching bare skin where your skirt doesn't quite reach, and you swallow hard. "I think your party and Jisoo's party are going to be very different," you breathe out and, somehow, work up the courage to place your hand over hers so she's touching you far more firmly. Why it makes you nervous you don't know, you've literally swallowed this girl's moans as you run your hands over her bare stomach, but this feels more intimate.

More domestic.

"Probably," she replies through a smile and you can hear the teasing lilt, the tone making your stomach tighten a little but you smile back casually. "Will I need to be on call again?"

"Yes," you mimic and she glances at you once but keeps her attention on the road. It's a little habit of hers you love; she won't let her attention falter even for a second, even if you're at a stop light. You'd noticed it when she'd taken you to the little market all those months ago and you notice her doing it now which only causes your heart to swell with her name more and more. "But only because I can't stop thinking about you when we're not together and drunk me is sort of needy."