I. Bad idea, right?

Chapter OneBad idea, right?

Chapter One
Bad idea, right?

One thing Jasmine's mother has taught her was never to give the word 'bad' to describe how her day was going

One thing Jasmine's mother has taught her was never to give the word 'bad' to describe how her day was going. Regardless of whether it was really bad or not. It would only make it worse, affect your mood. In short, bad vibes sprayed from every pore just to name that small word.

Jasmine was seriously the most negative person anyone could ever meet. If you were looking for solace, going to her was the wrong choice.

So, she has really followed that advice, until that day. The day when the sun seemed to be so much hotter than usual, that Jasmine's pale, silky skin was at risk of immediate sunburnt.

Everything seemed to be going wrong ever since she opened her eyes to the loud sound of her alarm clock — which she set only so she wouldn't procrastinate in bed until noon, and put her feet up on the soft rug placed in front of her bed.

Jasmine has never felt so stressed out before, and every little action she made, only made it worse.

  Everything screamed bad, bad, bad that day. Everything.

And things seemed to reach rock bottom when her mother asked to talk to her for a moment, causing her mind to wander to the darkest places. Unfortunately — living with hidden secrets was never easy, every little bell that could be a sign of alarm made Jasmine feel restless.

Her mother's perfectly poised and ladylike figure almost intimidated Jasmine as she sat down on the sofa, her legs crossed over each other and with her usual stoic and dismissive expression. With a simple nod, she gestured her to sit down.

"Tonight we're having dinner with the Camerons." She said bluntly, as if it weren't a problem — quite the opposite. It was just that. But Jasmine almost threw up on her mother's expensive shoes when she was done processing what she just said. Absolutely not.

The blonde girl wrinkled her nose, an expression of disgust and confusion taking the place of the slightly panicked one. "Excuse me, what?" It was the first thing that occurred to her to ask, but was immediately followed by a continuation.