II. Pretty when you cry

Chapter Two, Pretty When You Cry

Chapter Two,
Pretty When You Cry

Having problems with your mother is quite common

Having problems with your mother is quite common. Especially for daughters, who often have a contrasting character.

Too severe, too strict, or the perfect opposite; careless moms who lets you do whatever you want. It may seem good, but not having the right attention from your mother is more painful than it seems.

Jasmine didn't have these types of problems with Catherine, but many others. Her mother had a thousand expectations of her that unfortunately she never managed to reach, and automatically the woman was disappointed every time. She made Jasmine understand it perfectly. When she was a kid, Catherine did it with minimal words and discussions that ended after a few minutes. But as Jasmine grew up, things changed.

Jasmine had to be perfect. Her mother cannot afford to have a daughter, raised in such a wealthy and respectable home, not to be. And every time she forced her to do things she didn't want to.

The girl did them every time, she just didn't want to suffer the consequences that didn't bode well. Until, they achieved the impossible.

  A fucking fake dating with Rafe Cameron.

It must have been some kind of joke, because the only thing Jasmine wanted to do was laugh in her mother's face and at her so convinced and confident expression.

The air was thick with tension thick enough to cut it with a knife, and Catherine's words echoed in the blonde's ears like an unpleasant, unlistenable song.

The silence was broken by a laugh from Rafe, which sounded more sarcastic than anything else. "What?" It was then followed by these words, which perfectly expressed what Jasmine would have wanted to say if she wasn't totally blocked.

Jasmine's mother rolled her eyes. "It's pretty simple, isn't it?"

"Well, if only it wasn't totally absurd," Jasmine scoffed, running a hand through her hair as she alternated her gaze between her mother and Ward.