Chapter 1

This is the second book of The Cursed Crown, so read that first if you haven't!

Xander

"Perfect." I stepped back to look at the rest. Each of them was perfect. 

"It smells amazing in here!" Kayson said behind me.

I turned and dusted the flower off my hands.

"Of course it does. I just made some bread."

I then looked to see Kayson’s cousin Olive behind him.

"Can we have some bread, please!" I smiled. 

"Of course."

I turned to grab a loaf freshly made. I handed it to Olive who giggled with excitement.  I looked at Kayson.

"Do you and Emma want a loaf?" 

Kayson shrugged. I laughed.

"I'll go get another."

I handed him another loaf.

"What brings you here? Besides my amazing bread." I smirked. 

"Can't I just visit a friend?"

Kayson was hiding something. And I was going to find out. But Olive then solved the mystery.

"We want to surprise Isaac." Olive whispered. 

"Oh?" I whispered back.

Olive nodded."It's Isaac's birthday and we want to surprise him.” Olive whispered again.

“Why are we whispering?”

Olive pointed outside to show Isaac with Emmett looking at a different shop. I nodded in understanding.

“What do you need me to do?” I asked.

“We were wondering if you could make a couple dozen queen cakes.” Kayson answered. 

“It’s his favorite.” Olive added.

I nodded again. I could do that.

“Who’s coming?” 

“We thought we could try the whole town since everyone knows Emmett and his family.”

I looked at Kayson as he spoke. This was going to be fantastic! 

“When should I bring them?” 

“Around noon at Emmett's house.”

I nodded again. I should be done with them if I don't get distracted. Kayson smiled and began to leave. Olive ran to take his hand and waved goodbye as they left. I then turned around. I had work to do. 

I knocked on the door which opened. 

“Hello Emma.” 

“Hello Xander. Oh! Are those the queen cakes? They smell divine!” I smirked.

“Of course they smell divine. I made them.”

Emma laughed and placed her hand on her swollen belly. 

“I do miss having you around.”

I smiled at the response. Emma then gestured me inside. As I stepped in I almost got knocked over by Olive. 

“Is that them!” I nodded. She twirled then took my hand. 

“Momma says to put them in the kitchen.” Olive then pulled me in that direction. 

I then set them down on the table full of food. There was everything. My mouth watered. Emmett's wife definitely knew how to bake. I turned and walked back to the sitting room. Emmett’s wife stood in the middle.

“The guest should start arriving. And after everyone has arrived, my husband will bring Isaac. Then we will have supper and-” Olive interrupted her.

“And play games!” she shouted.  I smiled. Where did she get so much energy? Emmett's wife continued. 

“Yes, Olive, you will play games with the children while the rest of us gab.” 

I smirked. “What if the adults want to play games too?” 

Olive's eyes seemed to light up in a brand new way.

“Can you?” She turned to Kayson, who smiled. 

“Of course we can.”

He then looked at me with the look asking me how he got into this again. 
I shrugged. I always loved playing with children rather than talking about the weather and other boorish topics. 
A knock at the door made everyone turn. The guests have arrived.