Chapter 3: Kim

"She wore a thousand faces just to hide her own." - Unknown.

Adriana

She reciprocates my stare and I show no sign of backing down. The headmistress barges out the school doors in black heels and a full black suit, her gray hair tied neatly in a ponytail. She runs towards the new student. "Ms. Kim, it's an honor to finally meet you. Children put down your phones, you're making her uncomfortable. I've taught you better than this!" The students groan but slowly bring their phones down, others continue taking photos in a not so discreet way.

"I would love to show you around the school but unfortunately something urgent came up." Kim's eyes never leave mines. Headmistress Anderson follows her eyes leading to me. The headmistress's face lights up, "Ah ha, just the perfect person I've been looking for! Adriana come here darling!" I hold back a grimace, walking towards the two, knowing exactly where this was going to lead.

"Headmistress Anderson, I have classes that can not be skipped. They are a priority, a missed lesson is a clutch to my learning. If my inference is correct you're requesting a tour out of me and as much as I would love to assist the new student, my education comes first and foremost. This can be resumed at the end of the day which allows the both of us to explore the campus to our hearts extent without missing any class information." I provide her a valid excuse. I really can't afford to waste any class time. Ok, maybe I can but I'd hate to ruin my perfect attendance streak. Headmistress waves her hand, "Nonsense, it won't be a clutch I'll have an email sent out to your teachers. Yours too Ms. Kim since you'll be late to class after this tour." She takes out a sheet of paper out her blue folder and hands it to Kim and smiles, "Here's your class schedule and enjoy your tour." She looks around to the rest of the students and yells, "Why are you all still standing here like idiots, off to class, all of you!"

"Come along." I order as I walk up to the school doors which has already been left open as students barge in the doors, trying to rush to their classes. I continue walking but stop in the middle of the halls, right in the middle stood one of the many famous statues of Infinite Academy.  The statue made a T out of our seemingly never ending vast halls. The statue was carved to look like a little girl in a dress with leggings. Her hair cut shoulder length, she wore shoes. Both her hands are holding a book. Her head is slightly tilted down which was a way to illustrate her reading the book. "This right here-" I say, placing my hand on the statue's book. "- Is the Lily of Infinite. Don't ask me about the specifics of her name. A long time ago a former student decided to call her Lily and everyone just went with it. The book she's holding is called the Infinite book of knowledge. It's believed that those who touch the book will be bestowed an infinite amount of prosperity in wisdom and knowledge."

I take my hand off the book and point to the left vast hall from the statue, "That hall is where the office is, the nurse infirmary room is there, as well as therapy, resources and etc. You get the gist." I shift my index finger to the right hall from the statue, "That right there is where all the the performing arts classes are, music rooms, stages, and auditoriums. You name it, it's all there." I put my hand down and walk ahead of the statue. In front of the statue was the middle vast hall. I stop abruptly by the elevator. "Now if we were to continue walking down that hall you'll see that there are three gyms, a weight room, bowling room, a pool ball room, swimming pool, and a fencing room, etc." I stop to catch my breath before continuing, I click on the top elevator button, it shifts open. I walk inside as Kim follows behind. I click on the second floor. The elevator begins moving before it makes a ding, halting at the second floor and it shifts open.

Walking out the elevator, I hold out my hand towards Kim, "Your schedule." She hands me her sheet of paper. Looking down on it, I raise a brow. Even a fool could easily see that this child was obviously an intellect just by the classes she took." My palms feel sweaty, my face heats up as I realize I have IB DP Physics HL, lunch, and IB DP History HL with her. Goodness, when did it get so hot in here. Did someone turn the heater on. Someone must have had, it's the only logical answer. Otherwise I wouldn't feel all bothered and hot. I really can't stay in anymore rooms with Kim, her presence suffocates me.