Chapter 6: Lib-Café

"Pulchritudinous sapphire eyes" - Kim

Valerie

"Why is she staring so hard at us." Blair whispers. I glance towards Sinclair, causing her to flinch her gaze away like a prey who's come to the realization that their predator is nearby. How amusing. I turn my attention back to the front. A girl with caramel skin and beautiful hazel eyes comes up to me. A full smile displayed on her face, she shoots out her hand, "Hi, my names Ellie. Let's be friends." I raise a brow in surprise nonetheless, I shake her hand, "Okay." 

"Count me in, the name's Xavier by the way." An Asian boy says with his hand out. He has a side part, the left side being combed back while the right has a couple strands lying just below his brow. He has the looks of a prince. His dimples full on display. I also shake his hand before quickly retrieving my hand away. "We're going to the library to study...not the one here, it's a library somewhere else. We'd love for the two of you to join us." Ellie offers.

I'm about to reject the offer but Blair smiles excitedly, "Oh yes, Valerie and I have been studying together, but having a group to study with also sounds fun." I glance at Blair and she gives me her puppy eyes. Fine, only because it's Blair.

"Who's we?" I look up and see Sinclair crossing her arms with a glare directed towards her friends. "The last time I checked it was suppose to only be us and it's always been only us. Why would you invite other people when we already made plans. At least give me a little heads up." Sinclair has a point, I'll give her that. It's quite disrespectful for her friends to invite others to the plans they've already made beforehand.

"Oh come on Adriana, the more the merrier. Also, isn't Zen Kim your idol?" Xavier teases Sinclair with a nudge. I raise a brow, so she's one of my father's fangirls. How distasteful.

Sinclair gives him a look which makes him close his mouth. She pinches her nose bridge before finally saying, "That's besides the point. Anyways, I'm only carrying Ellie and Xavier in my car." 

Blair shrugs, "That's okay, I'm riding with Valerie." Sinclair scoffs, "With that motorcycle we'll be waiting an hour by the time you make it to the library." I stand up from my seat, "If we're comparing speed, Zen Kim's vehicles are easily insufficient compared to my motorcycle ." I lend my hand towards Blair with a smile. She grabs it and stands up. I glance back at Sinclair, her eyes twitch. Fury is all that she holds. For a person who holds such pulchritudinous sapphire eyes, her personality is the opposite. How unfortunate. "Now shall we get going." I state.

I walk out the room and Blair jogs to catch up to me. "I'm taking the stairs, you can take the elevator if you wish." I say and she pretends think, "Hmmm, what route would you wish for me to take?"

"It should not matter." I reply. "It matters to me, so which way." She asks. "Whether you take the stairs or the elevator, it does not affect me." I explain. I turn to the stairs and start walking down. Blair follows, "Ouch, well I guess I'm taking the stairs as well, it's a good way to stay active you know." I only nod at her words.

--------------------------------

I put my helmet on Blair. "What about you, you have no extra helmet for yourself." I give her a small smile while looking up the library's address, "I'll be fine, you should worry about yourself instead of me." I get on the bike and she sits behind, her arms embracing my waste, "Hold on tight." I warn.

We arrive at a not too small but not large either building. It however did lean towards the small side. The building was made of red and orange bricks. Beautiful green ivies decorated the building's exterior. The building had a large glass window on each side from the glass door in the middle. From those glasses you could view people sitting inside, drinking coffee while reading. Attached to the building on top was a green waterfall awning that contained words that read, 'Lib-Café.'

I park my motorcycle and get off which causes Blair's hands to depart from my waist. A white Electric Gen A-Z makes themselves into the lot, parking it right next to me. Sinclair, the girl who mocks my motorcycle has arrived behind me. She must be fuming. The driver's door opens and out comes a fuming Sinclair, as I had expected. She slams the door close. Her friends get out of her car behind her.

"You got lucky this time." Accuses Sinclair. Her friends look at each other, giving each other a look of concern. I tilt my head to the side, giving Sinclair a stare. Not one of us submits to other but Sinclair makes a mistake. Her eyes falter to the ground for a second. I make my way into the building not waiting for the rest.

I'm met with the smell of coffee, tea, books and a cozy interior. Closer to the front of the door were metal chairs around both circular and rectangular tables. Further to the back lay comfortable clothed chairs, bean chairs, hang around chairs, cushions, and couches. There are books and bookshelves all over the room. To my left is the line of orders for food and drinks. In front of me to my left hanged a banner that read, 'Bookstore.' To my front Right, hanged a banner that read, 'Library.' I walk towards that way.

There was a rectangular table with an empty crowd so I grabbed two comfortable gray, hang around chairs and brought it towards the table. I sit on one. On the table there are two menus of food and drinks that were able to be ordered from the Café. I grab one and scan through. Drinks ranged from Coffee, hot Coco, and tea to Smoothies and milkshakes. The options for food were sandwiches, bagels, croissants, croissants filled with chocolates, candy, cookies, chocolate bars, donuts, and cakes.

Blair sits by me, "You grabbed me a chair, how sweet of you." I hear Sinclair's scoff, "How inconsiderate to have grabbed just two chairs even though there's five of us." I look up at the blonde, "Are you physically incapable of grabbing your own things, no?" At that Sinclair rolls her eyes and goes to grab a pink hang around chair. When she returns Ellie and Xavier are already seated on bean chairs opposite of Blair and I. Now the only seats available are on the edges which are on Blair's side or on the edge of my side. Sinclair's eyes twitch at this. How pitiful it must be a hard decision for her. She drags her chair on my side. 

She surprises me when she places the chair by me and sits down. Our faces looking right at each other. Her eyes falter towards my lips and my eyes do the same for hers. Our eyes gaze back at each others eyes. Sinclair's fury eyes were replaced with warmth. "Umm what are you guys doing?" Ellie's voice snaps us out our trance. With pink tinted cheeks, Sinclair picks up the other menu and says nothing. No snarky retort out of her. Interesting.

Ellie and Xavier look at each other, smirking. While Blair's brows are furrowed. I look back at my menu, knowing exactly what I want to order. Blair lays her head on my shoulder. I can feel a glare from my left. Sinclair.

"What would you like to order Blair?" I ask. "A cup of coffee with extra sugar and a croissant." She replies. A waiter comes towards us, "What would you guys like to order?" I put my menu down. "I'll take a strawberry milkshake with a slice of strawberry cake and a cup of coffee with extra sugar and a croissant."

"I'll take a dozen of donuts and two cookies and cream shakes." Xavier orders for both himself and Ellie. The waiter jots down notes of his pad. "And you ma'am?" Her asks Sinclair. "I'll take a latte with a slice of strawberry cake." She replies. "I apologize but we're out of strawberry cakes today. Would you like to try a different option?" The waiter tries to compromise. Sinclair's eyes twitch and I felt a glare from her directed towards me but she quickly catches herself. She shakes her head and with a smile she says, "That's alright, I'll just take the latte." The waiter nods and jots down words before leaving.

I take out my math notebook and start reviewing my notes. The others take out their homework, books, and notebooks. 20 minutes later our food and drinks arrive. I place my notebook to the side, taking a sip out of my smoothie. It tastes good. I look at the plate with a pink slice of strawberry cake with the fruit on top of it. A tiny fork was laid beside the cake. The cake looked very lovely and I assume it tastes the same but I don't take a bite out of it. I look up at the clock on the wall. It's 6 o'clock. Work starts at 7, I must get going.

I take my wallet out and place a 50 dollar bill on the table, paying for both Blair and I. I get up from my seat and pack my notebook back into my bag before swinging the bag on my back. Everyone at the table looks at me, "Where are you going?" Blair asks. "I have some things to take care of, you guys enjoy your time."

I'm about to walk off but I feel a hand wrap around my wrist. "You can't just leave like that, you haven't even taken a bite out your cake. It's bad to waste food." Sinclair says quietly. I smile, "I know, that's why you should finish it for me. Have a great night Sinclair." The warmth in her eyes from earlier returns and with that I depart from the table.