011

iv

iv. Warship Island Arc:

Grandpa Ryu slowly started sinking into the ocean which caused us to worry.

'Hang in there Grandpa Ryu!' I thought pleadingly while looking at him and Luffy, who was on top of him. Apis-chan, on the other hand, was crying hopelessly.

"This is bad!" Zoro-san notified us while looking at the scene.

"Yeah. He can't swim, huh?" Sanji-san expressed. Soon enough, a harpoon came launching towards the old dragon, from the Commodore's ship which caused me to gasp in shock, but thankfully, Luffy caught it just in time before it hit Grandpa Ryu.

"What are you doing!" Luffy vociferated angrily while glaring at the Marine Ship.

"You've no idea of the value of the thing you're standing on right now! All I want are the Millennial Dragon's bones! Once I have the Dragonite, I can attain everlasting life!" The chubby Commodore stated happily with an evil laugh which made Luffy very angry.

"Why, you...!" Luffy raged furiously and threw the harpoon back at the Commodore's ship, which scared him immensely.

"Grandpa Ryu isn't a thing! He's our friend! He's a dear friend who's on a journey with us!" Luffy yelled angrily.

"What utter nonsense! In that case, you can sink into the sea with your friend! How dare you try to harpoon me?! Fire at that brat!" I heard the Commodore's rage filled voice giving his command. There seemed to be some hesitation about complying with his order but they started readying the cannon.