Dipping below mountains

Bundles of trees pass along with running children and buildings both short and tall. Gentle melodies of popular songs sing in the car, drowned out by sorrow. I attempted to maintain composure. Attempted to weep quietly, so as the driver with a concerned expression. I glared down at the pure white roses in my hand, twirling by their stems, blurring as tears pooled in my eyes. 

My lips trembled and my back curled as to allow my bangs to fall over my face, therefore covering my embarrassing state. The sweet aroma of the gorgeous flowers rotated around me. So extremely comforting, yet completely isolating. 

"Sir, we've arrived." 
The woman announced, her voice gentle and empathetic 

"O-Oh.. Thank you. H.. How much will it be?" 

"Don't worry about it, I see you're already having a hard time. I understand. Take care" 
She insisted, a smile blurred by my tears 

I opened the car door, "Thank you. Have a nice day"  

As my shoes hit the cement sidewalk, I glared back at the woman. She had dark long hair with bangs and lilac eyes, almost white. Her smile was a light one. It was on the verge of allowing my tears to fall by how it reminded me of Naruto. 

I closed the door. I was at my apartment building. Large pots with sprouting green leaves framed the revolving glass doors, velvet rugs decorated the floors, lightly littered with small papers and saliva left by the individual that loves picking fights with everyone. 

My keys dangled in my hand as I inserted them into my apartment on the right after climbing seventeen flights of stairs. The sweet aroma of warm vanilla immediately rushed out and a soft cold breeze passed. 

Naruto's little kitten laid on her bed. Her fur is a pure black scattered with golden patches, her eyes a beautiful bright green. Naruto was always sure to treat her like a daughter. Giving her cuddles whenever she wanted and never once settled for the suggestions others made to put her in a cage. 

He always adored her, named her Momo. 

Momo stood on her four pampered paws, rubbing her head against my leg. I would shrug her off, but I know Naruto wouldn't like that. I bent down and scratched her neck lovingly, hearing her as she purred in approval and licked my finger. 

"Sorry, Momo.. I have something to do" 
I apologize softly, my voice brittle as it struggled to leave my throat as a coherent sentence. She hissed for a second as I pulled my hand away, then scanned the room in search of Naruto. 

The apartment felt empty. 

Naruto wasn't in the kitchen, or doing laundry, or reading a book on the white leather couch like he always did. The curtains were unopened. The air felt dirty and dry, not crisp like usual without him. The scent of vanilla smelt almost unpleasant without his sweet aroma to add a tint of roses. 

I pulled my black leggings off and left them on the rugged floors. I laid the beautiful roses on the glass table and threw myself onto the couch. My arm laid on my forehead as Momo rubbed against my leggings on the white rug. 

My head ached harshly as silence filled the room. I stared at the diamond ring wrapped around my ring finger. The band was gold with small roses and snakes decorated with diamonds, black roses carved from black diamond surrounding a larger pure white diamond. 

Naruto had proposed to me a month before he left. It was in a beautiful gazebo, decorated in roses and lilies. Candles scented as strawberries and a gorgeous chandelier handing from the above our heads.