-8-

Atlas POV

[■□□□□□□□□□] 10%

I wasn't expecting Niko to be in the kitchen. I wasn't sure how he would react after last night, but he hadn't mentioned it. I didn't know what I would have done if he had. To be honest, maybe I wouldn't have said anything.

 I just feel tired. Not exactly sad or angry. Just- tired and numb. After I left Niko, I went back to my room, and lay down. My mouth had been dry all night, and I needed something that would quench my thirst.

 I guess I had been lying down for longer than I thought, because soon enough, someone came knocking on my door. 

"Mhm?" I couldn't be bothered to say anything. Everett's small voice rang out. "We're having breakfast now" He told me, before I heard his small feet scampering away. I didn't want to eat. I shouldn't eat. But I'll get told off if I don't. I guess I could eat a bit.

Making my way downstairs, I could already hear the loud chatter of the boys before I made it to the dining table. "Morning Atlas. Sleep well.?" Colten smiled at me, and I sent him a look, telling him to shut up. He seemed to get the message, because he then turned to Arlo who had been sitting next to him.

 Looking around the table, I watched them all go and set food on their plates.t didn't even matter that half of them had just gotten out of bed, they were still really fucking hot. I was surprised that even Magnus, who had stayed up longer for me looked presentable.

 I sat down beside Milo, and a plate was soon handed to me. I looked up to see Magnus, with a small smile on his face. I flicked my eyes at my plate and back up at him, and he seemed to take it as my acknowledgement.

I hadn't had crepes before. I know my father and brother had, but they hadn't given me any. I didn't know what to think of them. Aesthetically, they were nice, but my mind kept on being invaded with thoughts of every time I ate, and what would happen.

 I understood that it probably wouldn't happen here, but I still couldn't eat. Picking up the crepe, I nibbled at the side of it. Niko was a good cook, but I sort of just ate bits of it for a while, listening to everyone's conversations.

I never really thought I'd get to see something like this. A group of people, happy with each other, making friendly conversations. It almost- made me happy to see them.

 I still felt kind of distant, but it was sweet to watch everyone. To watch smiles, light up their faces. To watch them excitedly tell each other what they did. Soon enough, I wasn't sure what I felt. They were happy. That was clear.

Maybe I interrupted. They probably didn't even want me here. Especially after last night. Maybe I shouldn't have come. This was a bad idea. It must have been showing on my face, because Milo cleared his throat, looking at me. "Hm?" I glanced at him.

"Sorry- you just- just seemed kind of sad. Are you okay?"

Are you okay. It had been ages since someone had asked me that. I couldn't even remember when. Hm. Am I okay. Probably not. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. This time though, I didn't let it show on my face. "I- probably." I mumbled, and Milo leant in to hear me better.

"Wait- you just spoke!" He exclaimed, eyes shining. I glared at him.

"Shut up" I told him, with a monotonous voice. I glanced around the table, and the rest of the guys were watching. "What." I deadpanned, and Magnus and Arlo shared a look.

"Oh? He speaks." This time it was Riftyn. I glared at him. "No no kitten, use your words" He smiled, with an evil glint in his eyes. Kitten. Mhm.

 Forcing down a blush, I looked at Riftyn. He had seemed to move on with the conversation, so I looked back at my plate. "So can I call you kitten too?" It was Niko. I let out a large exhale. These people were far too much. 

I picked up my plate, and after putting it away and muttering a thanks, I went upstairs. God. These people- how difficult is it to shut up. Sighing, I picked up a book off my shelf, and began to read. Soon enough, I heard voices going past my room.

 At least they weren't trying to talk to me. There was a knock on my door. Never mind then. The door opened, and Arlo popped his head in, asking for me to go to Colten's room. I sighed and got up.

Woah. Colten's room was big. I suppose he was one of the boys who shared a room with the others. Looking around, I saw everyone wandering around, talking amongst themselves. Once they noticed me, the room became quiet. 

"Hey uh- Atlas I'm really sorry about earlier." I brushed off Niko's apology, nodding at him in forgiveness. That was when I noticed Magnus wasn't there. Colten noticed. 

"Magnus wants you now- he just wanted you to hear Niko first." He told me, and moved away from the door so I could leave. I went over to Magnus's office, I hadn't been in there yet.

Magnus greeted me at his desk, and I sat down in front of him. "Morning Atlas." I nodded once more. "I've come to talk about multiple things." He began, and I kept myself from groaning. 

"First off, I understand if you don't want to talk just yet, but if you could at least nod, or smile at the other it would be appreciated. I'd also like for you to be nicer to Niko and the younger ones, he really was sorry this morning." He gave me a pointed look.

"I know" I mumbled, staring at the ground.

"You accepted his apology?" he asked, and I nodded in response. "No, I'd like a verbal response. Even if its just a simple one"

"Yes Magnus," I told him, growing frustrated at the conversation. He smiled in approval.

"I'd also like it if you could eat some more. I noticed you haven't been eating too much, and it could become unhealthy soon. Cyrus and Arlo have the same thing. Maybe they could help?"

 I didn't give him a response, although my eyes dimmed as I looked at the ground. I couldn't eat more. I shouldn't be. It wasn't right. I couldn't seem to get the image of my fathers irate face each time I ate without permission. 

Magnus seemed to notice how I pushed myself into the chair, making myself as small as possible, and moved on quickly. "Ok, we might try that. Now. I know you don't particularly like talking about it, but did something go on at home? I didn't receive any prior information, but you mentioned a man?"

"No. I'm not talking about this." I told him, looking up for the first time. Though my face was blank, I was sure he could feel the anger seeping through my words. 

"Please- I just want to help," He placed his arm over mine. Shit. He knew. He knew not to fucking touch me and here he was. Resisting every urge, I sat on my now clenched fist. 

"I told you. I'm not talking about this." I spat and ripped my arm from his. Shoving back my chair, I basically ran out of the room, and didn't stop until my door was locked, and I was on my bed. 

[■■■■■■■■■■] 100%