Chronic Insomnia

The night sky was dark and empty, the stars obscured by a thick blanket of clouds. Seattle was quiet and still, its streets and buildings deserted as most of its residents slept peacefully in their beds. But for one man, sleep was a luxury he could not afford.
John has always suffered from insomnia, but in the past few weeks it has only gotten worse. He was lying in his bed, staring at the ceiling as the minutes turned into hours. He tried counting sheep, meditating, and even taking sleeping pills, but nothing worked. His mind was racing with thoughts and fears, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't calm him down.
He looked at the clock on his bedside table. 2:43 a.m. He groaned and turned, trying to find a more comfortable position. His eyes wandered around his bedroom, taking in familiar details: the framed pictures on the walls, the bookshelf full of novels, the open window letting in a cool breeze. But even the calmness of his surroundings could not calm his restless mind.
John sat up and swung his legs on the edge of the bed. He rubbed his face and yawned, feeling the weight of exhaustion on his shoulders. He knew he would have to get up in a few hours for work, but the thought of lying in bed for another minute was unbearable.
He got up and slipped on sweatpants and a hoodie. He grabbed his keys and headed towards the night. The streets were empty, the only sound being the distant hum of traffic. He walked aimlessly, his thoughts still racing as he tried to make sense of her.
As he walked, he found himself drawn to the waterfront. The sound of waves crashing on the shore was soothing, and the cool breeze off the water was refreshing. He sat on a bench and took in the view, the city lights reflected in the gloomy water.
John sat there for what felt like hours, lost in thought. He didn't know the reason for his insomnia, but he knew he couldn't go on living like this. He needed to find a way to calm his mind, and find peace and rest.
Finally, as the sky began to lighten as dawn approached, John got up and went back to his apartment. He knew that he had to face the next day, but he also knew that he could not continue to live like this. Something had to change, and he was determined to find a way to make it happen.