11

——————✧◦ ★ ◦✧——————

"So.."

"So." Theo replies.

"I think I better go-"

"Wait, aren't you going to help me with Herbology?"

In reality, I'd love to spend more time with Theodore Nott. I'd stay up all night talking to him about nothing specific.

Yet I was already pushing the limits of my
'this stupid crush doesn't matter' attitude.

"Theo it's getting kinda late, we have lessons tomorrow and I'd really like to head to bed. I'll see you tomorrow-" I went to turn away but I felt his hand catch my robes. When I turn back to him he is clinging to me and looking at me with sad eyes.

He's taller than me, by a lot, and yet he feels so incredibly small in this moment.
"Please stay with me.." he croaks out.

"Ok— yeah alright, I'll stay. Don't worry." I reassured him. Gently pulling his hand off of my sleeve, taking it in both my hands and patting it to calm him.

He was shaking.

"Sorry- when I talk about my mum... I-"

"Shut down? I understand Theo, you don't have to explain yourself. I'll stay, we can study all night if you want." I explained to him.

He loosened up visibly after that, I could tell the dark cloud that had formed was still lingering around but it wasn't affecting him as terribly as it was a moment ago.

Pansy and Blaise were right, Theo did care about my opinion and my words. Never in my life had I felt so strong and important, and also so dangerous. If my words brought such comfort to someone so quickly, they could easily cause just as much pain.

The last thing I ever want is to hurt this wizard standing in front of me, but that was a heavy weight to bare and it was a task I never agreed to.

——————✧◦ ★ ◦✧——————

I let out a long yawn. The common room fire and the late hour made me unbelievably sleepy, I wasn't exactly what you call... a night owl.

When we got back to the Slytherin common room we did in fact study— for hours. I wasn't sure what I was expecting from a wizard that got 10 owls, but seeing Theodore Nott so eager to learn made me see him in another new light.
He kept surprising me.

"You're sleepy already?"

"Don't say sleepy, it makes me sound like a child." I huffed.

Theo snapped his textbook shut then promptly leaned over towards me to take mine from my lap.
"I'm not denying your maturity Neville, I'm only saying so because you get so sweet when you get tired. So sleepy is the best way to describe it."

By some miracle Theo looked away in this moment and I thanked Merlin for it because I was burning such a bright red, I was certain of it.

He just called me... sweet?

GODRIC.
I'm so easy.