Chapter 72: Fog

As the signboard genius disciple of Clear Dawn Sect, Ling Bo had great skill in the sword path. She had only joined the sect for several decades and already had Core Formation cultivation. Her cultivation speed attracted the admiration and pursuit of many cultivators. Only when Splendid Cloud Sect produced Kong Hou who reached Base Building in four years did the genius halo around her dim.

Used to being lauded by countless people, Ling Bo did feel a bit of discomfort. When she found that Kong Hou’s beauty also rivalled hers, she felt even more complicated. There was no way around it. Not just male cultivators had competitive spirit, so did female cultivators.

After being transported into the secret realm, she found she was separated from her shixiong and shidi. Not far from where she started, she saw a female disciple of Primary Luck Sect who had fallen into a canyon and pulled her up while passing by. It would be fine if she was rescuing a handsome man—what did rescuing a beautiful woman count for?

She carried along this burden as she travelled and killed illusory yao. Fortunately, the burden knew which shops had the best hairpins, which had the best cosmetics, so she tolerated her until now.

But when many illusory yao surrounded them, she found the burden had stepped onto her dress and dirtied it. There was a large footprint on the surface, so black she felt uncomfortable. Her dress became ugly, and she was not in the mood to even swing her sword.

She had to first cast a few cleaning spells.

“What time is it that you are still concerned about your dress?” Kong Hou flew out and raised the Water Frost Sword to block an illusory yao. She kicked away a flying white-haired blue-faced monkey.

“How come you are here?” Ling Bo focused again and flew next to Kong Hou. She cut down an illusory yao who was trying to sneak behind Kong Hou’s back. “Your swordsmanship seems to be Splendid Cloud Sect’s beginner swordsmanship?”

Puff, this was ridiculing her swordsmanship?

Kong Hou hit the air, and the spirit energy penetrated the chest of the illusory yao. The illusory yao immediately disappeared. “Celestial, you laugh. The sword path is just my secondary path. My primary cultivation is the path of music. I do not dare to be like Celestial who stands unfearing before battle.”

This young brat was sneering at her for not being serious in battle. She appeared obedient but had much cunning.

The two swung their swords in unison and cut down the charging illusory yao. Ling Bo said, “Take the lead for a moment; I will use two cleaning spells.”

Kong Hou: “…”

Did they not say that sword cultivators were not affected by material things? The genius disciple of the great Clear Dawn Sect was like this?

After Ling Bo said this, she did not wait for Kong Hou to answer and threw a cleaning spell down at her dress. Kong Hou fended off the circling illusory yao with a few sword swings and turned to glare at Ling Bo. “Are you done?”

“Done,” Ling Bo said. “Today, I will let you see what true swordsmanship is.” She flew upwards, the sword in her hand giving off silver light. The illusory yao shrieked and half of them were killed instantly.

“Do you see?” Ling Bo looked down at Kong Hou. “This is true swordsmanship.”

Kong Hou turned to look at the side. “Huan Zhong.”

Ling Bo: “…”

If she had known that Radiance Sect’s Huan Zhong was here, why would she have shown off her swordsmanship? Wasn’t that embarrassing herself?