Water Lily; Part 2

"I appreciate you coming back, (S/N)" The chairman -Takamatsu Kogetsu- spoke to you from the other side of the table, as you sat on the couch in the middle of the room.
"How do you feel? " He asked

"Welcome..." you spoke rather quietly, while starring down to your shoes.

He stare at you, then to the table, and back at you. "It has been hard for you, and us. But we saw an opportunit..."

"What are you trying to say?!"

"Can you be any more rude to the Chairman?" Shinobu sarcastically spoke.

You lowered your head, feeling defeated. You are a wreck anyways. "I thought... im already disposed of..."

"In our glossary, getting disposed of means..." He paused, as if he regret his words. "What i mean is, we might still have a chance to stop your magie from madness."

You lift your head up instant, "what?"

"we saw an actual delay of madness in your magie. so we thought maybe, we can modify your magie just a little bit." He explained.

"you...didn't agree with G.E.H.E.N.A. right?" you said hesitant.

he sighed, "Yurigaoka -in any circumstance- will not support any cruelty they caused." He lightly pressed his glasses closer to his nose, then he nod down reading some papers.

"What he's trying to say is, we're going to help you our way. we will help you just like the other boosted lilies that transferred here." Shinobu explained.

this information sent quite a relief to your system. It isn't much really, knowing well G.E.H.E.N.A. had already destroyed your body so much. But knowing they are back on your side made a small relief in your heart.

But of course, your heart still hung upon a threat. You haven't dealt with Yuyu yet. You dont know what to do if she's going to interact with you. Even if she ignored you earlier in the morning, it might not mean she had forgiven you or forgot you. Maybe she's holding back...

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

You walked out to the empty hall of the building, observing at the brown wooden tiles on the floor. you looked slightly left and right, observing the scene around.

Your attention caught on the information board on your left.

Huge research specimen escapes?!

Spectacularly defeated by impromptu team of twonew students, and one second-year!

Riri, Kaede, and Yuyu are on the front page, your lips curved up a bit when you read the news. But with riri in that Impromptu team, you wonder what did she really do in that battlefield. 'is she talented?' you thought to yourself.

A glimpse of green silhouette pass ahead of you, quite far from your position. That person looks quite familiar to your eyes, like if you are reunited. The figure stood in the end fo the hall, seemingly starring at you from afar.

"(Y/N)...?" she spoke with her Vietnamese accent.

You looked up to get a clear view of the girl. "...Mai?" You mumbled, wondering if the girl is really someone you previously know.

"Oh...My...goodness!" She ran to you, so quickly like a flash of light. She quickly pulled you to a tight hug. She leaned her head to your shoulder, wrapping her arm around you, pulling you close to her "i thought...they will take you forever." she hid her face to your puffed up sleeves.

"Mai..." you stutter. You dragged your hand up to her back, lightly rubbing and patting it. "Im back..."

"You're back! " she said, still holding you close to her body.

She let you go from the hug, holding your arm after. "You didn't change!"

"same goes to you, Mai"

"wow...just look at you! you look hella tired!" she chuckled. "Oh! i wonder what would Miya react if she knew!"

She suddenly pulled you with her, as she dragged you quickly somewhere to a certain direction. "Let's go and meet her!"

I haven't talked to Miya for long... you thought.

It appeared that Mai dragged you to the cafeteria, it's empty. Though, one seat -just one seat- is occupied. in the very corner of the cafe, close to the windows, a young red haired girl sat. A small book was on her hand, she reads while sipping her cup.

"Oi! Miya! look who i found!" Mai cheered.

The red hair placed her book over her lap, still open. She slowly looked at you two, furious. She place her cup down and dissapear.

Mai rubbed her neck confused, "huh... i wonder..."

*smack, a loud slap distract them, -a slap directed to your face-. You can't see even a glimpse of who did it, untill you lift your head again.

Its Miya.
"Idiot." she said.

"Miya, she just arrived." Mai came in between them, trying to calm the scene.

"I..." Miya spoke underneath her breath, then she giggle, then laugh. "You're back! even after all the madness you dare yourself to come back!"

"I have no choice" you said.

"yeah yeah... no choice." she covered her face, trying to stop her laughs. "What did mr chairman say?"

"he just say that he might figure out how to handle my situation." You spoke softly.

"I knew he would say that." Miya chuckles. "Why dont you walk around the facility? a lot had changed since you moved out!" She offered.

You look at her confused, she changed... you thought.

Mai walked to you and held your shoulder. "So, you wanna go take a look around?" she asked.