Prologue

「 Chase

「 Chase. 」

"I don't see why you try so hard for her

"I don't see why you try so hard for her."

Kazuki burst into a fit of anger, "What are you talking about, Rei?! I have to get her to like me, all women love me!"

Rei exhaled through his nose, his shoulders slumping in defeat for his friend. "Did you not hear what you just said?"

"That all women love me so MC should too?"

"Exactly that," Rei pointed out, pinching the bridge of his nose. He could clearly see that you didn't feel the need or want to reciprocate his "feelings" back.

He highly respected you because of that.

Rei knew his friend wasn't going to give you up any time soon, so he thought of the only thing he could do.

Watch this scene unfold.

"MC!"

No response.

"MC."

The cycle continued, and Kazuki was slowly starting to provoke you without realizing it.

"MC~"

Rei looked at him hopelessly, as if he was unable to be fixed. "How long are you going to keep ignoring him?"

You raised your head, but your eyes stayed on the tv until finally reaching Rei's eyes. "Until he quits bitching."

"I do not bitch!"

"Don't lie to yourself, people are going to think you're into STD's."

Rei looked away from the two, covering his mouth to silently laugh at his partner.

Ever since they basically "adopted" an adult, you've been a menace to the home. But it's not like Rei minded the more he got to know you.

He was thankful you were able to put Kazuki in his place.

You can be ruthless, but that's only around Kazuki. You'd much rather lay down in a hammock with a kitten, ruminate to the sound of a ticking clock.

"I don't have STD's, you know this! Plus, I was wearing protection." You lurched forward on the couch, pitching the remote control at the blonde.

"Shut your trap, Kazuki! I don't know what you're talking about. You have dementia."

His eyebrow twitched in annoyance, rubbing his head from the impact of the remote. "Don't throw shit in the house! And I do not have dementia, I'm still in my prime! You of all people should know this."

You stood up to nudge your index finger against his chest, "That doesn't mean chase me, you idiot!"

"Why?"

You look at him dumbfounded, as if you hadn't indirectly answered that question many times ever since you came.

"...Shouldn't you only chase someone you love?" Rei asked obviously.

That's right.

He doesn't love me, there's no way. It's just a matter of time before I hurt you.

Kazuki hit his partner's shoulder in agreement, "Yeah! Why can't I chase you if I like you?"

A knowing laugh left Rei's lips, shoving his hands in his pockets while walking to the balcony (assuming he was going to go smoke).

"A- Anyways, don't chase me anymore Kazuki. It's not worth it."

He huffs, placing his hand atop your head. "I don't see why you don't think your heart isn't worth winning over."

You'd be lying if you said you couldn't feel the heat rush up to your face.

Th- This guy...!

"You have a pure heart, and I want it for myself. No sharing!"

I seriously can't think of anything to say.

You looked over to Rei, a pleading look on your face. But the man didn't budge.

"You've only known me for two weeks. Just admit you want to get in my pants."

Kazuki's pure, genuine smile got replaced in an instant.

With a smirk.

"I don't just want to get in your pants, I want you in general." You didn't know if he meant it literally or sexually.

You were a terrible overthinker.

"And how many girls have you told this to?" You needed to know.

Kazuki hummed in thought, holding his chin between his thumb and index. "One."

Then, he pointed to you. "You."

...Is he playing with me?

No, he said that with a serious face.

While you were in deep thought, Kazuki took this chance to really knock you out of your shoes. He stepped in your personal space, tilting your head upwards with his fingers.

It was a subtle motion, but it still flustered the feminine in you. "Go on a date with me."

After all the times you acted like beneficial fuck buddies (when you guys really weren't) he only now asks you out?

You called the fuckery before, but now felt different.

You couldn't read him anymore.

And so, you gathered up the courage and sucked up your pride.

"...Fine."

Author's note:
that's right have another one

but this one's pretty short compared to anything else i've written

im also back in my bsd obsession, fuck.