Chapter Five- Dusk 'till dawn

Recently, Cody had been annoying me more than normal. He was ignoring me unnecessarily, giving me only one-word answers in response to any of my questions, avoiding any other chance to talk to me otherwise. Was it something I'd done? Something I'd said? What had caused this sudden sulking? I decided to confront him about it on the day before the next challenge. Right before he was going to leave the cabin, I stood in the doorway, blocking the exit.

"Cody, I have a question." I stated. He huffed and crossed his arms."What is it?" He nearly snarled."Why are you ignoring me so much lately? What did I do wrong? Whatever it was, you can just tell me right now, and I won't do it again." I asked, giving him a semi-sympathetic look."It's not you." He responded flatly. This made me raise an eyebrow."What do you mean it's not me?" I inquired. That had made me more interested."It doesn't matter. It's fine. Can I go now?" He scowled."Why won't you just tell me what's wrong?" I asked again."It's fine! It doesn't matter anyways! Jeez," He shouted."Whoa, calm down! What the hell's wrong with you?" I exclaimed in surprise. I hadn't seen him get this mad before."What's wrong with me is that- I LIKE YOU, OKAY?!" He yelled. Immediately after the words left his mouth, his face flushed red, and he slapped his hand over his mouth.

I took a moment to process what he said, but while I was hesitating, he pushed me out of the way of the door and ran off towards the woods."CODY! CODY, GET BACK HERE!" I shouted after him. He just continued running, so I decided to give chase. Once I reached him, I paused for a moment to catch my breath."Go away, Noah. I know you don't want to see me. You don't need to pretend." He mumbled."What makes you think that?" I smirked."Wellyouprobablydon'tlikemebackandI'msorrythatIevenputyouthroughthisandyouprobablyhatemesoI'mreally-" I cut him off by doing the worst, most impulsive thing I could do.

I kissed Cody Anderson.