Chapter 7 - Coldest Hearts

(Toby's POV)

My head span.

"H-holly..." I twitched. My eyelids opened slowly. My brain processed the the last event I could remember, the car wheels skidding across the road with a loud squeal. Then I sat up quickly, "HOLLY! WHERE IS SHE!"

My mother stood there sobbing heavily.

"Toby, she died... I-in the... Accident." She whispered. By her expression I could see she was hiding something. A dusty news paper sat on the side desk with a title of 'INFAMOUS KILLER STRIKES AGAIN!'

The next few sentences flung themselves into my face.

"There were another set of fifteen murders yesterday. And a few of the victims were relatives of the first victim Holly Rodgers..."

I tuned out of everything. I felt like time had stopped. Even my twitching had frozen for a moment. But after that moment a wave of twitching attacked my weak form. I felt something inside me snap. My mind began to warp and shape into a dark entity inside my skull. I started laughing manically.

"Toby let's go!? Toby!" His mom cried the doctor raising his eyebrows.

"H-holly." I cackled.

(Liu's POV)

My stomach twisted and dark thoughts of knives and weapons and blood swam in my head.

"H...O...L...L...Y!" I repeated. My heart rate picked up. The monitor went crazy. The nurse burst threw the doors. The nurse was Angela. She walked over and ripped out the IVs. She leaned closer and her lips crashed into mine

"Love me..." She whispered seductively.

"N...o-" I reply. She raises her eyebrows and slaps me. I felt her whack my stitches and I could taste the coppery blood from them in my mouth.

"What did you say? Please repeat that!" She bitchily asked.

" I... SAID.... NO!" I scream. She crushes my lungs and all the wind flies from my body.  Suddenly, I begin to choke and splutter.

"S...T...O...P!" I cried, gasping for air. I saw Holly's picture in the screen again. I felt my body go numb along with a slight tingle of strength. Angela began to punch me. I didn't know what I was doing but I stood up and towered over her, casting a long shadow.

"Never, will I love you again." I chuckled in her ear.  I grabbed her head and twisted it. Bones snapped and crunched as I flung her into the wall. Loudly, she was screaming. "Shhh."

I clamped a hand over her mouth. I smiled and finished breaking her neck.