Pro. - Ran's Band Idea

My childhood friends are Ran, Moca, Tomoe, Himari, and Tsugumi. We've know each other since we were born, and knew we'd be together for as long as we can remember. And it came true! All of us are still really close friends to this day.

And I'm Y/N. I'm your plain high school boy who has no talent besides video games. I've always been a bum, but I've always tried to support my friends. It can be hard, since all of them are girls.

But I try the hardest I can to be a good friend. I've never been the one to make new friends, at least recently. When I was a child I was probably the most sociable kid you'd know. Life takes a toll on you though, and that's why I wish I was a kid again.

It was a nice day today. It was a Saturday, which the weekends are the only days we can hang out now. My childhood friends go to a girls high, and I go to a boys high. I was sitting on a bench at the local park. Kids started to roam out into the playground due to the nice weather. The sun was high, the birds were chirping, and there was little wind. The wind peacefully drifted throughout the park, making it one of the nicest days of spring. It was a nice change of pace ever since the week of storms coming through. Summer was already almost here. It did not feel like spring at all until today.

I've never been a summer person. It's always too hot, which is why I hate being born on a hot July day. I barely do anything for my birthday anyways, other than my friends coming overnight. Talking about my friends coming overnight, today is one of these nights. They insisted of staying over because of how little we see each other now. We only text and call, but of course, it isn't the same as seeing each other in person. I'm quite nervous to see them again after so long. They've always had plans on the weekends, so it was surprising none of them had any this weekend. I was glad about it, though.

Thinking about this weekend made me feel off. Maybe because it was so long since we seen each other. I feel a shiver as I think about it. Why was I so nervous today? I get lost into my thought, when I feel hands on my shoulders. It weighs on me, someone was jumping on my shoulders.

"Raaah!" She yelled in my ear. I jumped and turned around. It was my friend, Tomoe. She slid onto the bench, sitting next to me. "Y/N-san! Long time no see!" She elbowed my arm. I laugh as my nervousness melted away like ice cream out in the sun.

"Good afternoon, Tomoe-chan." I smile. Tomoe grins her signature grin. "How was school?"

Tomoe laughed, "It's alright being popular and stuff." Tomoe sighed. She was popular? I wasn't surprised though. It must come with some good qualities.

"Is being popular really as bad as people say?" I ask, trying to keep up the conversation. Tomoe looked at me, then at the playground in front of us.

"I guess. It comes with some good stuff, but also some bad stuff." Tomoe exclaimed, sounding serious, "Cruel world out there. Even in school." I laugh at her remark, and she followed slowly after. I knew what she meant. We hear footsteps from the right of us. We look towards the sound and a girl with short black hair walks over to us. Her red streak made it obvious it was our friend Ran. She sat down next to me, making me in the middle.

"Good afternoon, Ran-chan." I wave as she took her seat. "Where is everybody?"

"They'll be late." Ran settled, "I wasn't surprised." Tomoe and I laugh. Ran looks out to the playground, as if she was remembering past memories. We follow her gaze and, though we already knew, realized that is was the playground we used to go all the time when we were kids.

"Time flys." Tomoe broke the silence, "I remember when you were too shy to play Family with us, Ran~" Tomoe teased. Ran quickly got red and looked away. Tomoe laughed. A girl behind us started to laugh too. We all looked behind the bench and notice Moca.