Heart knows what mind doesn't

"Anyone in my place would have done the same. Many incidents lead to him being a prime suspect and Lucian's attitude is no better." Araki calmly explains to Ivis. The alpha just walked into his room wanting answers for Lucian's arrest.

Ivis wanted to bail out his brother as soon as he heard about the arrest. He was knowing Azrail is planning something against his family but didn't expect Lucian to give in so easily and not say a word to him. He was furious and ready to ruin the place to bring back his brother.

Only the three working heads of the pillars are allowed to enter the base. It is situated in a mountain cave and spread to a large area around the valley, with a dome-shaped highly advanced roof protecting it.

The roof remains open mostly and is closed in an emergency or at the time of training. This place can withstand high and low temperatures as well as several other disasters.

It is made with the efforts of the three. Solace provides the funding, West Corporations provides them with highly advanced technology, and Yu with manpower and training facilities. YSFAT gets trained here.

This is the place where most secret investigations take place. Araki holds the most power now. After he was appointed head, he took control over this place cutting the share of Solace to only 30% and leaving the rest to his own. Not only this, he invested in the infrastructure of the base and build it again in the strong building that it is now.

Azrail being the leader and marshal still can interfere and check on investigations but the final decisions are to be made by Araki in this regard. There is always a loophole in these big working models and a chance to make things run according to one's greed, thus, laws are to be passed year after year to mend those flaws.

No one in Wolford except the head of Pillars and the members of the base are allowed inside not even in a 5 km radius. The phones get tapped and the activities of an unauthorized person are watched. Outsiders are stopped by security if they try to step within the boundaries.

Once a photo of the dome was leaked but was quickly taken away, if people know about this base they know nothing about the activities inside of it.

The people here are vowed to secrecy and not a word is leaked outside. Araki was not sure if Lucian should be brought here but Azrail insisted. He agreed to it but still was skeptical and asked his men to cover Lucian's face and sedate him before entering the area.

Ivis walks into the office of Araki, wanting answers regarding his brother's arrest without any notice, and putting charges on him that are just based on assumptions.

Ivis spats angrily hearing Araki's reasoning, "Then what do you expect him to do, say yes or decline? Would you believe if he says no?"

Araki grits his teeth "I warned you about all this in the meetings. If not we three have information about almost everyone in Wolford. Do you think wearing inhibitors or fake pheromones could hide the identity that is been written on paper?"

Ivis glares at Araki "My brother has the highest awareness than all your trained personnel here. If he does something he has a reason to."

"That makes him more of a suspect, he has a reason. What? Helping that organization collect the data? Doesn't he know pheromones are important for our species? And hiding them intentionally is not a personal choice. It is a crime." Araki's red iris burns Ivis with his gaze.